mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Nothing. Then again, I'm single, and I have no kids (that I know of!), so it's like Christmas everyday for me.

While looking at Sprawl-Mart for a last minute gift for a cousin's 5 year old son, I did find some Rick and Morty action figures I just had to buy for myself. I got the Rick and Morty, I'll pick up the others later.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I didn't get anything. Thankfully I'm a generous person and bought myself a 2017 Frontier for Christmas. Thanks me!
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I got a new pair of headphones..i was so sick of the lg tones failing on me i switched to anouther brand of neckbands... sony wi-1000x... so far they are pretty nice... the noise cancelation feature is pretty cool to be able to control... THANKS GMA

Got the kids lots o toys, including those stupid fingerlings.

The wife and i dont exchamge gifts as were both cheap and would rather see it in bank account...
Attached Images

iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Giggle, we had a bit of fun at the daughters "expense" with her gift this year. She is in a tough to buy for state right now and didn't want to do gift cards. We did the video everyone has seen and taped a whole bunch of $1 bills together in a box for her. Honestly worked on it harder than any other gift we purchased this year. Took a bit and they are hard to roll up, keep taped, keep neat without going to even greater length.

It was super fun.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Not much in terms of paintball gear (though my amazon gift cards will likely be converted to inception gun cases and new knee pads), though I did management to snag this little beauty for a song...

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk

Manchester Half Cock'D

Last edited by Mar; 12-27-2017 at 08:31 AM.
pbyrne233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
playing with old toys

Location: in a second hand set of dimensions on an astral plane that was not meant to fly

I didn't get anything which is fine with me since I told friends and family I didn't want or need anything, having said that, a friends grand daughter who decided to adopt me for some reason got a telescope and a couple of introductory books for young kids on astronomy plus the Chris Hadfield & Kate Fillion book "The Darkest Dark" ( she loves space, looking at the moon, stars and planets).
Old 12-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
Nothing. Then again, I'm single, and I have no kids (that I know of!), so it's like Christmas everyday for me.

While looking at Sprawl-Mart for a last minute gift for a cousin's 5 year old son, I did find some Rick and Morty action figures I just had to buy for myself. I got the Rick and Morty, I'll pick up the others later.
https://i.imgur.com/8cUqIzu.jpg
THAT'S AWESOME!

"Thanks Mr. Poopybutthole, I always could count on you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
I didn't get anything. Thankfully I'm a generous person and bought myself a 2017 Frontier for Christmas. Thanks me!
That is a nice gift. Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Giggle, we had a bit of fun at the daughters "expense" with her gift this year. She is in a tough to buy for state right now and didn't want to do gift cards. We did the video everyone has seen and taped a whole bunch of $1 bills together in a box for her. Honestly worked on it harder than any other gift we purchased this year. Took a bit and they are hard to roll up, keep taped, keep neat without going to even greater length.

It was super fun.
Now I have to find this video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
Not much in terms of paintball gear (though my amazon gift cards will likely be converted to inception gun cases and new knee pads), though I did management to snag this little beauty for a song...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8f3017c5c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Love the swiss cheese.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
My wife got me an Arduino starter kit which I was very surprised with. I had told her I was going to try to build a bee hive monitoring system with an Arduino about a month ago. I told her I was planning on buying the parts over the winter to see if I can build it for spring. To my surprise she bought me a big kit that had almost all the parts I would need plus a bunch more.

My family does a gift swap and I got an LL Bean gift card which I was happy with.

I had put in an Adirondack chair that I built. My wife opened it and everybody was impressed with it. My brother ended up stealing it from her and she ended up with a record player that he had put in and really wanted. I was glad that people liked it enough to steal it from each other. His wife asked if I'd build them a second one.

Here is the chair that I put in that my brother ended up with.

FOR SALE
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

I received a couple big bottles of rum, some local craft beer and my best gift was a left-hand holster for my High Standard model M100.

My family knows me well...
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

^ Liquor is always a good present. Something you will surely use and enjoy. I got a bottle of Bookers 130(+) proof bourbon and some cigars. I am enjoying it immensely.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat