mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have owned two different Tacoma’s. A Extended cab 4cyl 4x4 5speed and currently have a double cab v6 4x4 auto.

Both had/have been great trucks and I used them as such, regularly hauling general stuff along with motorcycles and atvs. Both were used to tow and both have seen light trail work to get to the “camps” were my wife and I along with friends go off roading on bikes and ATV. I have owned many trucks in the past and for just a get in and do what ever the Tacoma is by far the best.

That being said. IF you don’t need the truck aka regular hauling or towing the Tacoma is not going to be a smart buy. It is a FUEL thirsty pig especially for short jaunts.

If all you need is a short range family hauling runabout. Your far better served with a RAV4 or CRV style suv. My wife and I just purchased a nice used Toyota Highlander to support our growing family and it’s great and slightly easier on fuel than the truck yet can still tow my trailer with the bikes and ATV on it safely.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
So if your a crv guy. I take it ya like the suv... why not stick to the suv... your familiar with the crv so that should be your fall back option... but i will have to say i dig my wifes 2016 ford edge way more than i thought i would. More lwg room in the second row than the explorer. If you look into the edges, get the turbo v6 not the turbo 4. The gas mileage is almost the same. Im pullin in 19 mpg on the 4 and wish i had a lil oomph. The turbo 6 is averaging a lil more on my neighbors at 20.5 mpg....

The only other one on your list id look at is the tacoma. But their fiberglass bed theyve been using kills it for me. If i have a truck bed itd better be steel.

No to the jeep, bo to the suburu.
iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello78 View Post
well the gf likes pickup trucks and I like the Taco but since I'm 6'1'', its a little tight for me. I like the Taco but if i drive, i wouldnt be able to drive anyone else esp behind me. My guest would have no room to sit behind me what so ever unless its a child. I wouldn't want to get a big pick up truck. I love my honda but i dont think i want to get another CRV. Was thinking about switching it up for next car. The gf and i were thinking something comparable to CRV. Safe,Reliable, High up, drive through snow conditions, decent to good on gas, last a long time. All i want in my next car is navigation which i dont have now in my current car. I would get the 4 Door jeep but i hear a lot of mixed things about their reliability, which scares me. I am interested in the Forester but I'm not too familiar with them. Testing the waters and trying to go outside my comfort zone for something different and maybe a little fun.
If you like pickups, forget the Toyota and get a Colorado, Silverado, or F150. Colorados are all built less than 20 miles away from me in Wentzville, MO, and theyre very nice trucks. I also have a '16 Silverado standard cab 2wd, and pull 21mpg from a V8, and a buddy of mine has a '14 extended cab 4x4 getting 25 from the V6, so theyre not bad on gas at all. Also, Chevy and Ford are both Union-made, whereas Toyota, Nissan, Honda, all the imports are non-union, and built in low income states where they don't have to pay their workers good wages AND benefits
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
and built in low income states where they don't have to pay their workers good wages AND benefits
I don't think Texas or California are low-income states.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I don't think Texas or California are low-income states.
You mean the joint GM/Toyota plant that got shut down in California?
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Old 12-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Quote:
Oh right NUMMI is a Tesla plant now.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Old gear!

Quote:
... To move to Texas?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Oh right NUMMI is a Tesla plant now.
Yea, but im gonna stop. I made my statement, and ill leave it at this. I will not buy an import, i will go out of my way to buy US made wherever i can (obviously paintball equipment is a hard sell on that premise), and i will not recommend a car that is not union made

My feedback
Old 12-31-2017, 11:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech View Post
This man is a genius. he speaks truth!
I have seen too many issues popping up with that engine... It's too bad, I want to like it.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
Psycho with a wrench

The concept was good. The engineering. ......well yaaaaaa
Mech is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat