mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
My wife and I don’t celebrate V-Day either, I always tell her that if she needs me to show her I love her on that specific day then I am doing something wrong the rest of the year.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
a.greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
You can't go wrong with the classics.

https://i.imgur.com/qPQENXB.gif
This

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
psunitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
It really isn't a trap for us. The exchanging of cards is one of the stupidest things ever. Also buying flowers is ridiculously overpriced and expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.greenleaf View Post
My wife and I don’t celebrate V-Day either, I always tell her that if she needs me to show her I love her on that specific day then I am doing something wrong the rest of the year.
Same thing here. My wife sees flowers as a waste of money, they'll just die in a few days anyways.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Same thing here. My wife sees flowers as a waste of money, they'll just die in a few days anyways.
I found roses on 1800 flowers that you can plant, and they'll return each year. I can totally get behind that.
https://www.1800flowers.com/plants-l...bbedPanelsTab1
Old 02-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've bought tulips and roses before that we planted. It's a better deal.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

It's a TRAP! Buy the standard stuff everyone else does! Send the stupid cards! It's what they WANT us to do. The media says we HAVE too, or we don't love them. Fail to at least go with the norm and you lose! For the love of all that is holy, or at least the woman dumb enough to put up with you, buy her some cheap crap! Now Bellicose my friend, you have reached out to us for advice... take it for what it is worth (nothing) and go above and beyond the norm. You've done it before, Upgraded the bar for everyone else with that confetti thing... Now go further... you know what she wants. Breakfast? Smiley-faced pancakes? Chocolates, with personalized wrappers? A blubbery note about how you cannot imagine life without her? Cringe... poetry? (Houseman is your friend here, "from far, from eve and morning, and yon twelve winded sky"). These other schmucks who think their woman is ok without it are 100% wrong... Sure they say they are, but deep down, when the other women are complaining about how lame their partner is for getting them roses or some other schmatshy crap, they got nothing... nothing... and they remember it. Kudos for wanting to go over and above, because they are the reason we go out in the cold dark night to do the things we have to.
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat