mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchicArctic View Post
My wife was in town stocking up on food and diapers as we are expected to get a decent snowfall. I asked her to swing by the hardware store. She knows next to nothing about terminology so I told her to find an associate and ask for a "q" bit which can be found in the tap and die section. He sent her home with an 1/8" npt tap. What a moron. /endrant
here good idea when ever someone want me to get something i do not know about or recall it. i have them right down on piece of paper or take picture of what you want since people might not understand me or know what person wants since do not know what item is. since everyone in store might not know what your talking about or no where item is.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Good point!

Website->find item and product number->screen shot each-> show phone at store -> go paintballing with all the time you saved.

Often staff can look the item up by number and find which isle it's in and whether it's in stock.

If it's the kind of company that puts everything online, checking first might tell you whether or not they carry it.

I recognize this isn't always an option.
Bang*Bang** is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat