mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

It is not terrible, imo.

Its just derivative. The effects were good, the acting, story good. Its just all stuff we have seen before. It felt like a 30 minute twilight/black mirror episode, stretched out.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I enjoyed it so far...made it to the internal earthworm explosion, and the wife made me shut it off. Ill have to finish it when she's not around.
belleville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
FNG

Lol I may have to revisit this
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleville View Post
I enjoyed it so far...made it to the internal earthworm explosion, and the wife made me shut it off. Ill have to finish it when she's not around.
as far as I remember that was the only really gross part. and it was mostly just funny as hell. "I found the earthworms!" ****ing lol.

I spent the first half of the movie waiting for "did you turn it off and back on again?" would have been priceless.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just imagine "Event Horizen" with much less gore.

I was a little annoyed with the side story with the kid. I thought for sure they were going to say its the same person as the adult from the other dimension, 20 years older. Then use that to explain why the monster appeared in the first movie, 20 years earlier.

But then none of that happened, and I realized they were just fluffing out the run length.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
okay . . . I was interested until it got compared to 'event horizon'

that movie sucked
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Drum called me a snowflake and it made me cry
Bored383 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I could have been ok with the whole space-time continuum, alternate dimension thing if it had even remotely seemed like that was what was being built up to in the other two movies. This just didnít pull it off, and felt like the idea of the origin of the creature was conceived after the fact and this movie forced that idea to fit.

If they had crafted the series more like, say, the Bad Wolf storyline from Dr. Who, where upon the reveal thereís this instant recollection of all the hints that have come before that just now make sense, it would have been much more satisfying.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Cloverfield is a franchise not a series per se. I heard everything is just a bunch of B/C-grade movie scripts that never got the green light.
But they clumsily shove in references to the first Cloverfield movie and then they can start production.

I walked in like the last 2/3 of the movie. Everything could have been solved quickly if the guy from IT Crowd just told them to turn it off and on again.

I liked the first movie and Cloverfield Lane. John Goodman should change his name to John Badman, he usually plays bad guys or huge buttholes.

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBBPI View Post
Cloverfield is a franchise not a series per se. I heard everything is just a bunch of B/C-grade movie scripts that never got the green light.
That seems accurate...

My wife and I watched it last night. Our initial response was that it wasn't that bad, but the more I think about it, the worse it seems. The "story" was a complete mess. It's like someone had a couple interesting ideas, but not enough for a movie. They made it anyway and clearly put a lot of effort into polishing that turd.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCPaintball View Post
well that was next on my list after i finish Altered Carbon which i freaking love BTW
I'm on episode 2 of Altered Carbon. Interesting story so far, but holy hell, all the newds. My wife doesn't watch it anymore, so I recap the story for her.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat