mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagic71 View Post
Honestly I can see where Thanos is coming from. The world/universe is way over populated.
Thanos snaps fingers, random half of universe dies...

MAr snaps fingers, suddenly all men more handsomer/charming/intelligent than him disappear, and lots of ladies are suddenly single...
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #42 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
Name:  avengers_dolls.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  78.2 KB
TANSTAAFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
he doesn't like the salad . . . it reminds him of death
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

Finally saw it this weekend. Loved it, and laughed riotously at some of the dialog. Thor, Rocket, Star Lord and Drax in particular were epic.

Cap took them to Wakanda because they actually have a friendly army with tech capable of defending against the aliens. Oh and that convenient energy shield to boot. Plus Bucky was still there with his new arm ready to rock. The stuff about removing the Stone from Vision here made total sense to me, since Shuri is probably more intelligent than Stark or Banner, as she quickly proves with some choice dialog. The idea was to destroy the stone without sacrificing Vision. Thanos' way of getting the stone was DARK...

I was actually most surprised at what a chump Vision was, like he's a one trick pony and without being able to phase he's nothing. Isn't he MADE OF VIBRANIUM? Nope, the majikal anti phasing alien spear cuts him like butter.

Loved Dinklage, I hope we get more of him in this role in future Thor titles.

Why was Storm Breaker forged in two pieces to be bonded by the handle? Just seemed kinda strange to me, but Groot's quick thinking was pretty sweet. I really dig the scale of Storm Breaker being a two handed weapon.

The way the story broke the team into different locations worked really well to me, skipping the drama between Stark and Rogers, allowing us great dialog between Stark and Strange (two HUGE EGOS! LOL), and bringing the Guardians back to earth, gradually.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mag-icidal Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
I'm personally wondering more about what kind of guilt complex Stark will have in the next movie. Half the universe is dead, and you're the only chance. No pressure.
Especially when he gets back to New York and finds out that Pepper wasn't one of the lucky half...

Don't **** with Arsenal....that dudes ****ing crazy.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
Well Tony will hitch a ride with Nebula back to Earth. So there's at least one person to break the news to his hot aunt.
Maybe Cap can come help tag team it.

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:44 AM   #47 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Just saw it also.

It was refreshing to see the good guys loose to a redeemable bad guy.

I'm not really clear how Thor's axe is stronger than all the infinity stones, or if Thanos is injured enough to die. There was a lot in the last 20mins of that movie.

i did appreciate that vision was the damsel in distress for most of the movie.

To Thanos's point though,he could implement a planetary population cap, then let planets self regulate. If they went over, then cull. I mean if he controls time, reality, etc, he's pretty well protected from an uprising.

I'm also curious if all of Thanos's race were hulk-like humanoids.

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 05-22-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you haven't looked up the memes of Infinity War, I would highly recommend it. Lots of laughs.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Post Whore

what sucked for me we had power outage and screen went black and at times we also had voice for people go lower then all other sound. so hard to follow at times. also fact i read the comics books of this infinity war version 1992. sad to see how fast movie went to find the stones and not draw it out for 2 movies. to me they rushed the movie to have main villain get stones to fast. also fact let out Adam warlock who had soul stone Beyonder and few other people like death and few other cosmic people too.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
what sucked for me we had power outage and screen went black and at times we also had voice for people go lower then all other sound. so hard to follow at times. also fact i read the comics books of this infinity war version 1992. sad to see how fast movie went to find the stones and not draw it out for 2 movies. to me they rushed the movie to have main villain get stones to fast. also fact let out Adam warlock who had soul stone Beyonder and few other people like death and few other cosmic people too.
I didn't read the comic book version, but I agree with it feeling a little rushed.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat