mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Every room has at least a few things that needs to be done/finished. We've lived there for 4 years and most projects have been half done since then. I finally got around to putting baseboards up in our living room and will be fixing the hole in the ceiling that has been there for 4 years on my next day off.

FOR SALE
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
My entire house is an unfinished project. I'm slowly trying to finish 1 room at a time.
I can relate to this...... As well as:

1. Put a Harley up for sale.. I don't need two..
2. Replace the water pump on a 96 Mustang convertible.
3. Fix the plumbing leak in the truck camper.
4. Rebuild two Palmer Blazers.
5. Get a VM-68 to work
7. Finish putting together an Automag project, it's all there.
8. Get my scuba tank filled, 50-mile round trip
9. Finish putting together a Spyder Cocker project, it's all there.
10 through 25... I'll write them down tomorrow...

Walker
"Where You Wrap Up the Day, With Beer and Bengay!"

Nelson Owner's Group
My Feedback!
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
I sold off two Evil Ehm projects on Evil Bay this year. Just not enough time.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

I have a bad habit of starting a project, then picking up another one because it was a steal. Hence 'Money Pits 'R Us'

Things still on my to-do list:
-Finish my Meteor Feather build
-Midblock/get parts for/get NXL ready the System X Vengeance 4.0 I have in parts.
-Send my Mag to GhostFlanker
-Finish the (admittedly ugly) sanding and cutting on my Hex stock class build, then send it to anno.
-Continue gathering parts and finish my 2k5'd Dragon Build.
-Find the issue with my Mech Ion build. Cycles, but no velocity. Real head scratcher.

Things I gave up on:
-Texas Storm Timmy. Bought a ton of parts for it, sold it for a loss as I didn't have the time/patience to go through it (hope it serves you well Euangelion!).
-Spyder pistol. Just threw all the parts I had on it, and gave it away at the holidays (I think JohnnyDred has since sold it).
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

A million paintball projects where I buy parts with a ton of potential that I could make something with...

Bought a trilogy E-frame to do a pneumatic conversion...
Bought a crate of 68-Specials for...reasons?
Still haven't put my PTP VM-68 together.
My lever KP needs a CO2 change plunger rod. Easy but I haven't done it yet.
I was trying to pump a shoebox shocker, lost motivation.
Bought a mech converted Ion, haven't even aired it up.
I've got a Dukie DSP frame waiting for me...someday I'll build it. lol.

Also my BMW E30 has been down for the count for almost 2 years...I bought an old Mercedes to take me to it...that's a start, right?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I've been procrastinating on completing my 3D printed Automag rail for weeks now. Other projects keep popping into my head so it's stayed on the back burner.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Holy crap, really?

[cracks knuckles]

I have a MiniCocker, disassembled, in a box, where it's been since I had the parts stripped professionally in 1996. I didn't know, at the time, that one could strip parts at home with lye, so when I first sent my main 'Cocker off for green anno, I sent those parts along to be stripped.

I spent the next few years collecting parts, then launched Doc's Machine, and never really got back around to it.

I have a green acid-wash-anno 'Cocker body I bought off of an MCBer a couple years ago, got mostly assembled, and it's just been waiting on me to get off my butt and make a new bolt for it.

I have a stock-class Sniper I started putting together back in '08 or so, and still isn't done.

My custom Stroker has been disassembled and sitting in a box for at least ten years.

I put together an LED-era Dark Angel with an ETek grip frame a couple years ago, and have been meaning to get it annoed ever since. Still haven't done it.

Somewhere around here I still have at least three or four custom halfblock kits I started putting together about '04, that got set aside for the Fastbacks, and I haven't touched since.

Also somewhere around here, I have an as-yet unfinished stock-class Bushmaster pump body.

Then of course there's the still-awaiting-more-development Duke lever-action project. (Which IS at the top of the list, don't worry.)

And that's barely a fraction of the list. I have boxes of stuff I want to build, finish or mod.

And if we get into the NON-paintball stuff... I have a list three times longer than I can be expected to live.

At the moment, I'm trying like mad to catch up on a pile of them- this thread over on the tinker's guild illustrates a full dozen of them.

I have a 2x72" belt grinder that's been a project since I bought the raw steel back in 2008 (!), a big lathe that I hauled home in 2013 and it's still not done, I started converting one of my lathes over to CNC- in large part specifically for the Duke project- back in 2016, I'm adding compressed air lines to the shop finally- only been planning that one for 10-12 years now- and I'm working on a CNC router that I bought back in late '16 and still haven't used past the first demo/test programs.

On the other hand, my customer work wait times have dropped to just about zero. The last five customer mods that have came in, went back out again in about three days on average. The longest wait was six days- and even that was because the last day was Sunday.

Right at this exact second, my benches are 99% clear, if anyone wants some mod work done.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Don't get me started... I've got more markers in pieces than I have assembled ones... Cut it in half and I've probably still got more on the board than you... and cars: the VW needs a front end, the 93 Geo a new exhaust, the 04 Grand AM (wife's car) needs everything, the 98 Ram 2500 Van : just park it in a School zone and walk away, heck the cops already put out a rear window as it was a "suspicious vehicle" parked near the court house... I've got plans for the
restored Nightmare LB, the JT ER2 converted to bolt/single shot, The 2240 to bolt gun, the Diablo pump to Carbine, 68 Special to HPA powered stick fed, the Colt SAA to .43 ala CCMachinist... it gets worse....
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

I haven't started my truck in 4+ months because the battery died, got a new battery, but there was a wasp under the hood, then it got hot, so now I have a truck battery in my garage hooked up to a battery minder and a non-working truck.
Maybe tomorrow will be the day I actually install it... if it isn't too hot, or raining, or too sunny...
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third of Five View Post
I've got more markers in pieces than I have assembled ones... Cut it in half and I've probably still got more on the board than you.
-Wanna bet?

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat