mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

We bought a new mattress for out bed a few years back. My wife insisted on buying from a brick and mortar store, so she could try things out. Fast forward 6 months and she now hates the mattress, because it softened up a bit (as expected). We paid a good amount for that thing, too.

A bit later, we got new beds for our kids. I won that round and we bought some well reviewed (and cheap) ones from Amazon. Those mattresses are waaay more comfortable than our expensive one.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
We bought a new mattress for out bed a few years back. My wife insisted on buying from a brick and mortar store, so she could try things out. Fast forward 6 months and she now hates the mattress, because it softened up a bit (as expected). We paid a good amount for that thing, too.

A bit later, we got new beds for our kids. I won that round and we bought some well reviewed (and cheap) ones from Amazon. Those mattresses are waaay more comfortable than our expensive one.
I'm convinced that how much you like your mattress has more to do with the deal you got vs. how it felt in the store. We bought ours at one of those bargain furniture stores, they only sold 3 models and I bought the middle priced one. It felt better then the cheapest one, but couldn't tell the difference between the more expensive one. Went in to buy a couch and worked a deal with a mattress since I needed one. It was an impulse buy but it was cheap and years later it's been great.

Everyone short of the adjustable bed people that spent way too much on a mattress never seem to be happy with them.

That being said I would not hesitate to buy online.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

We spent a grand on ours and it lasted like 4 years.
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat