mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I get a couple scammers every day. Itís just the world we live in. New this year is the number spoofing. Apparently, itís not difficult or technically illegal.

So generally, most numbers out of town, and certainly out of state get screened. But the scammers will spoof a random local number...
I had a lady call me when my number was used for spoofing, and then proceed to chew me out then hang up before I could say a word. That was a good way to ruin my day.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Part of my job function is emergency dispatching and answering emergency calls. As such, my car warrantee runs out roughly three times a day, my student loans become newly eligible for refinancing twice a day, the IRS is seeking payment about twice a week, my credit card debt triples every three hours, and roughly once a month, the same woman yells at me for 30 seconds in Cantonese with a fan going in the background.

It's amazing I'm still alive.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
Ok, maybe not really, but this message on my phone says so:

"you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment. We would request you get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you. The number to reach us is: 425-242-7589"

So pack it in folks... this place is shutting down.

Or maybe.. Just maybe it's a scam!

They want you to call in, and well the allegations are serious, but they can make it all go away with a simple credit card payment.
So you live in NH, but your local cops area code is 425... for Lake Stevens/Marysville/Everett, WA.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
I have gotten almost every call mentioned in this thread, lol. I picked one up today for fun and the guy asked for Rebecca. I just asked to be taken off of the list.

I had one a couple of weeks ago where some Indian guy asked for Lando, and when I told him he had the wrong number and to take me off of his call list he starting screaming at me that I HAD to be Lando if I was answering his phone, so he needed to speak with me desperately. I screamed FU** OFF into the phone and hung up on him. He hasn’t called back.

I get several text messages for Lando/Lyndell asking for support for Beto O Rourke’s grassroots campaign in TX and asking me for my support. I get REALLY crafty when text messages come through

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Did anybody hear about that Nigerian prince who died recently? He was worth billions with no family to leave it to. Poor guy was trying to give I away for years but no one would answer his banker’s emails.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I've been thinking of just answering "911, what's your emergency" when a see a blatant scam call come in.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I've been thinking of just answering "911, what's your emergency" when a see a blatant scam call come in.
I answer with something similar as a function of my job, it only helps the calls that aren't robots.

And even then, not always.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Squirrely Scavenger

I answered a scam once stating that I was an adult toy shop. You could practically hear their embarrassment while they apologized for a wrong number and they would remove it from the list.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
the oddballer

dam, why do yall get to have all the fun ones the only one I ever get is from the Hilton asking me to review my stay and get a free night. I'm a broke college student I can't even afford to look at their website. annoying part is the number has the same area code as me so i pick up every time
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quickest way to get them to hang up is to say " it's done but there is blood all over the place. Where do you want me to deliver the body". Never before have I been cussed out in Hindi.
JudgeMental1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat