mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
Also factor in about 100-150 bucks for install fees and install parts
If you can use a paintball gun....or a forum you are smart enough to install a dryer. There should be no parts as your old dryer should have a pigtail and a vent already. Both can be switched over using a Phillips screwdriver
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
If you can use a paintball gun....or a forum you are smart enough to install a dryer. There should be no parts as your old dryer should have a pigtail and a vent already. Both can be switched over using a Phillips screwdriver
I was thinking about that too, are most of the connecting parts universal?
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Loud noise could be a few different things, get me a model number and a brand and I might be able to help you fix it. Temp regulation is easy, more often than not it's due to bad venting but if it's a thermostat they are easy to change. Smoking could either be a motor, belt or heating elements ( Or gas burner if it's gas).... My guess is the belt broke and the load noise you heard was the idler snapping against the frame. Smoke was possibly from the belt being cooked.... All of which is easy to fix usually
Hey thanks man! I missed this comment. I'll get info & pics for you and see if it seems like something I can do myself. The dryer still worked great until it went BOOM.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
Electric dryer, yes I would install that. Gas dryer, I am bringing in a pro because well boom.
ilivlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
I was thinking about that too, are most of the connecting parts universal?
yes. the pigtail is just 3 or 4 wires. Just match colors. White with white, red with red, black with black, and green with green. If you have a 3 wire pigtail put a jumper from the white to green (although there probably already is).

The vent is usually a 5/16 bolt with a phillips head or flat head. Just unconnect and reconnect.

You can do both in less than 30 min. Ive done several, and do it in less than 10.

Clean out your vent while you have it disconnected.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
Electric dryer, yes I would install that. Gas dryer, I am bringing in a pro because well boom.
A little more dangerous. Just make sure it doesn't leak. The nice thing about gas is that it is only 5-10 psi. You could probably get that to seal with scotch tape (although I would not). Again if you can plumb a paintball marker you can plumb a gas line. Have a little faith.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Speed queen is the only brand to buy

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Kinda late, but I wont get anything with digital read out.. Brand does not matter. Me, Parents, GFs ,Kids all had them and they suck. Even the repair guys will tell you that the older style(non digital are the best)...

Ebay, camocow200 (1400) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (845) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
I would rather be fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
Speed queen is the only brand to buy
He speaks the truth, I have went through all the brand's and wasted a ton of money. Bought a Speed Queen and will never go back. A bit expensive and not all fancy looking but you won't find many appliance companies willing to give you a 7 year warranty with their product.
Junglepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

When buying appliances first thing you should do is scope out who can fix them and at what cost.

LG and Samsung are nice appliances... that have a 3x longer wait time and 10x higher price tag to fix near me because the nearest tech is 2 hours away.

The GE and Whirlpool appliances I think are just as good with similar features/cost/looks as other models, and are significantly cheaper to service for me. Warranty is great, but only works if someone is there to fix it!

Installing an electric drier is very easy... if the plug is the same as the old drier. You just plug it into the wall and connect the outside air vent. If the plug is different you'll need someone to install it, too many volts to suggest diy job, just not worth the risk.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat