mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
Iím happy for my northern neighbors. Mostly because I know there are a lot of regular folks who already prefer pot to booze as a relaxant and use it responsibly. You shouldnít have to worry about losing a job you are good at or going to jail for that.
Even in places where weed is legal it is still screened for and people can be fired for having it in their system. This is the way it is all over the US so far.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Meth? Freudian slip or deliberate?
Old 10-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
What's changed? I was under the impression that being on the Devil's Lettuce was already a Canadian past time.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Even in places where weed is legal it is still screened for and people can be fired for having it in their system. This is the way it is all over the US so far.
Its sad that an employee can't take a puff off a joint knowing it takes too long to flush out the system and they could loose their job if their employer request a pee test so instead they turn to hard drugs like ecstasy or cocaine and party for a weekend knowing it will be out of their system in a couple days and they can piss clean for work.

I don't see an issue with smoking outside and treating it like cigarettes, we already have a lot of laws that say no smoking around building entrances, in a car with kids or around parks and places with kids and I think as long as people smoke responsibly and show respect by not smoking in crowds or around family's ect it wont be an issue but I can see a lot of young adults pushing the boundaries in the first few weeks till the fad wears off. I am a little sad that the city I live in has a liquor store on every corner (literally there are 5 stores around the intersection at the end of my neighborhood) yet they passed a municipal law that prohibits any outdoor use within the city because their are too many uptights that don't want to smell it period, for people who rent this will make it hard for them to partake.

I find it funny that edibles will be illegal till next year like it was said before people have been ordering online for a while now with and without a medical pass and I know lots of people that have already been getting edibles for a while plus whats to stop people from making their own.

I am glad tho that I no longer have to "hide" what I've already been doing for years.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
Its sad that an employee can't take a puff off a joint knowing it takes too long to flush out the system and they could loose their job if their employer request a pee test so instead they turn to hard drugs like ecstasy or cocaine and party for a weekend knowing it will be out of their system in a couple days and they can piss clean for work.
Agreed. I was also disappointed to see that the National Guard which is supposed to be a state run organization still drug tests even though weed is legal in Alaska. Oh well, just like anything else it will take a whole generation to obtain full legalization. There will be the old timers that consider weed an evil, the middle generation that considers it okay but only privately, and the next generation that just considers it to be whatever like alcohol. At least we get to see movement in the right direction after almost 100 years of prohibition of marijuana.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:

Thatís true depending on job and employer. There are a good amount of public and private organizations in California that donít screen and are not required, for example. From looking at that I think legalization will lead to more tolerant workplaces in general. Not overnight, and maybe not here as long as itís schedule 1.
wunderbarsafari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
I am glad tho that I no longer have to "hide" what I've already been doing for years.
This is my takeaway as well. I spent some time in Maine (which has legal recreation dope) and being able to smoke joints freely & without anxiety was a magical thing. I think a ton of the paranoid associated with smoking grass is because you're afraid of getting caught. Much more enjoyable out in the trees like it was meant to be.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Meh. Used to shmoke a while ago but not consistently for a good 8-ish years.

I'm definitely a fan of the tax revenue. Hopefully it'll be put to good use.

I'm also happy for those who use the CBD oils and stuff that can now get it legally. And then there's the hemp industry which could really benefit from this.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?

Last edited by CrazyBoy78; 10-17-2018 at 05:53 PM.
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Agreed. I was also disappointed to see that the National Guard which is supposed to be a state run organization still drug tests even though weed is legal in Alaska.
The National Guard is under dual command of the state and federal government. Since marijuana is illegal on the federal level it isn't allowed.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought Canadians were into silver Krylon and beer.................

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat