mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:18 AM   #121 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
No ones suggested Being John Malkovich yet?

Name:  beingchadthompson.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  193.0 KB
TANSTAAFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
he doesn't like the salad . . . it reminds him of death
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #122 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

Here's a small mindblower...

A 1983 horror movie called "Basket Case"
I found a poor version on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCa4LvfIJo

Now, I am not recommending this to watch the whole thing (it's trash from start to finish) BUT follow the link and stop at 48 seconds in and check out the executive producers name. I think most of you would be shocked.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #123 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
TANSTAAFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
he doesn't like the salad . . . it reminds him of death
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #124 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
Not sure if Iíve responded in awhile. Swiss Army man was better than I expected and will surely get a rewatch in the future. As for the stupids.... good god that was a hard watch. That will need another watch before I make my final conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #125 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Raising Arizona is one of my all time favorite films... Didn't check to see if it was mentioned already...

I also worked on the Hudsucker Proxy. Which was super fun and I met all the stars in the movie, which was pretty cool. The sets they made for the film were insane. They built the skyscraper in 3 different sizes for the scene at the beginning.

I even directed a scene in the film by mistake... I was watching as they were blocking this one scene and it was a dolly scene where they follow a suitcase and dolly down while zooming out showing the street and Tim Robbins walking down the sidewalk. I was really into it as I was in film school at the time, and was watching the monitor on the camera to see how it looked as they tried it over and over getting all the actors in the background and lighting correct. I was standing by the side of the camera and up walks this tall guy and we started shooting the breeze as I didn't realize it was Tim Robbins (this was the early 90's so he wasn't very popular yet). Then these other two guys walked up and they said they were ready so I got in position again behind the camera so I could watch the video monitor on top and see how it played out... Not realizing that is where the director stands...

The Coen brothers must have thought this was funny that some college kid was in their spot, but they said "Action" and the scene unfolded as the camera moved down and Tim walked with the suitcase down the sidewalk. Everything looked perfect, the lighting was just right, the background actors looked correct it all was great. The zoom from the suitcase up to him walking was dead on. Then they got to the end of the shot and one of those guys yelled "cut" then they looked at me and said "What do you think???". I was like "That looked perfect!" They said "cool" and walked off as everyone else started setting up the next shot. The camera guy about fell off the dolly! As he explained I was in the directors spot and they used MY shot for the film and were trusting me... I about crapped! Lol! Then when I saw the film in the theater and saw my scene I was so excited. Pretty cool! The Coen brothers are awesome guys. I got to talk to them quite a bit after that! Tim Robbins was super cool too.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #126 (permalink)

The Lobster was a pretty weird one
Pump Gun Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat