mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #91 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

Is Jon killing Dany an option and then taking the Black as punishment an option? I mean I know there nothing really of threat in the north, but I'm sure they're gonna need some kind of thing to replace it, plus it would suit Jon's preference of not wanting to be king.... Leaving what? Gendry as the heir and if he dies then Tyrion would be next, right?
Old 05-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #92 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
Is Jon killing Dany an option and then taking the Black as punishment an option? I mean I know there nothing really of threat in the north, but I'm sure they're gonna need some kind of thing to replace it, plus it would suit Jon's preference of not wanting to be king.... Leaving what? Gendry as the heir and if he dies then Tyrion would be next, right?
At this point, the wall is toast, the castles along the wall are in ruins, the others are dead and the wildlings are no longer a threat. I'd say that the night's watch has been rendered obsolete.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #93 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post

I'm not certain Jon is going to live to take the throne (though that is how I have things down for my office pool), but I'm pretty confident Daenerys "the mad queen" is getting snuffed. Probably by Arya.
I will bet $10 that either Jon or Arya offs Dany, and Jon ends the show like '**** you guys, I'm out' and goes to live with the Wildlings or something.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 AM   #94 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I think this episode would have made more sense to viewers had season eight not been so rushed. Yes, Dany has been slipping more and more into her father's mad king role. The show has tried to portray this by her becoming more and more isolated and jealous of Jon. Had this season taken its time instead of sprinting for the end, her decline might make more sense to people ad she steadily slipped into madness. I can see why she eventually cracked, but the way we got here was pretty ham fisted. Still, it wasn't a bad episode.
It's sad how rushed it is. Dany's transition into madness was not sold very well. She just lost two of her dragons and her most loyal confidants (Jorah and Missandei), she lost confidence in (and was just betrayed by) her Hand, and she was betrayed by both her lover and one of her top brass. She's in a foreign (to-her) land full of people who do not and never will love her. She is surrounded by questionable loyalties.

Her only allies left are Greyworm and Drogon.

I don't think her destruction of King's Landing can be explained by simply saying "she's gone crazy yo." Instead, I think it was a premeditated (motivated by hate too, yes) move to establish herself as the clear overwhelming superior in Westeros. That's how her family first conquered Westeros.

Drogon and she are arguably the most powerful force in the world. She intends to rule Westeros. This is one sure-fire way to command authority. Loyalty is another story, however, and I think we'll see how that plays out this weekend.

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
Xyxyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #95 (permalink)
blah

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Jon ends the show like '**** you guys, I'm out' and goes to live with the Wildlings or something.
I also believe this is a very possible outcome. In that scenario, I think it is also possible that there is no "King of the Seven Kingdoms" and the regions just go back to being independent or something. The capital has been destroyed completely, some of the seven kingdoms have been completely ravaged. It kind of makes sense that power be decentralized, or possibly shifted to a new regional entity.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #96 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
I also believe this is a very possible outcome. In that scenario, I think it is also possible that there is no "King of the Seven Kingdoms" and the regions just go back to being independent or something. The capital has been destroyed completely, some of the seven kingdoms have been completely ravaged. It kind of makes sense that power be decentralized, or possibly shifted to a new regional entity.
I believe that this is highly likely. The North won't give up their newfound independence (Da king in da norf!). Dorne has been a subject of the seven kingdoms only begrudgingly and by marriage. The Iron Islands have already held a kingsmoot to declare their independence. At this point, the seven kingdoms appear to be reverting back to their original forms. They only came into existence through conquest. If all of the Targaryens are dead, Jon (Aegon) doesn't want it and the only living Baratheon is Gendry, the list of likely successors is rather short. Dany's vision of the torched throne room is likely prophetic that nobody will sit on the throne.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #97 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's it! Sansa takes over it all and rules from the North!

Kind of funny if the 'little bird' comes to rule the entire seven kingdoms basically through attrition.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #98 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't think it was just madness for Danny. To the points above... she has lost her trusted companions, two dragons, and has been betrayed numerous times. Her entire upbringing was that the people still loved her family and were quietly waiting for her return.

She has basically lost near everything for some stupid throne, and I think that finally really dawned on her.

It is more anger than madness.

Better to wipe the slate clean and start over!

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #99 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Yeah, I think a no-king scenario is going to happen. Maybe some council of the great houses ruling each area.

That or they'll make Bran king or something dumb like that.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:22 PM   #100 (permalink)
THE Green Modster

Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
I don't think it was just madness for Danny. To the points above... she has lost her trusted companions, two dragons, and has been betrayed numerous times. Her entire upbringing was that the people still loved her family and were quietly waiting for her return.

She has basically lost near everything for some stupid throne, and I think that finally really dawned on her.

It is more anger than madness.

Better to wipe the slate clean and start over!
Agreed. Her entire arch has been about the difference between ruling though love and ruling through fear. She's always been promised that she would rule because people love her and they don't.

I'm guessing that the Empire of the 7 Kingdoms will split into several Kingdoms again. I'm not sure on where everyone will fall. But no one should be expecting a happy ending with every plot hook wrapped up.

After all. If they tie everything up and can't spin things off of this HBO is in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat