mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
Im willing to look at anything. just somewhere on the "safer" side of things.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Just be sure to get a good travel agent to avoid the shady "budget" resorts.
I can 100% vouch for this, mostly in the non US based locations. There are some shady spots and places that are less safe than most. A good travel agent will give you a night and day difference in some locations.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
I can 100% vouch for this, mostly in the non US based locations. There are some shady spots and places that are less safe than most. A good travel agent will give you a night and day difference in some locations.
Yep. They're also really helpful when you want to take a nice vacation on a budget. The last trip we took, we told our agent how much we wanted to spend and the timeframes we were interested in well in advance. She kept an eye out for us and called us when a nice resort was running a special we couldn't refuse. We ended up saving over $1000 on our trip.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
oh wow . good to know. i'll ask around who can help assist me for my vacation booking.
is there any other places i should look at besides what i stated earlier?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

The "star wars" land will open around September 1st in Disneyworld. With pushy stormtroopers walking around, checking for ID's, etc. Totally immersive. Great if you like Starwars. Maybe great if you don't since it means lines elsewhere might be shorter. Last year they added a "toy story" land, and the year before that "Avatar land".

The new Gondola system is supposed to be online early november, basically a ski-lift that will take you from Epcot to Hollywood studios.

Travelling the world is great too. Some of the easiest places are western Europe, especially Ireland, and eastern Mexico (Cozumel, etc). Cheap, safe and lots of support.

Though with 6 kids, its usually much easier for me to just go to Disney. No car needed. They pick you up at airport, delivery groceries and any other shopping. Kids are safe to all go out on there own.

You could even take an Amtrak Sleeper to orlando, we have done that but Disney won't pick you up at the train station

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Costa Rica is not much of a stretch from Cancun/Cozumel, especially with a travel agent. They arrange the "transfers" which are mini-road trips, so that you can hit the volcanic rain forest (resort, primates, snakes, birds, +) and the beach (decent snorkeling) in the same trip.

We used Pacific Trade Winds and it came out well.

some things are stickier than others

Last edited by Spider!; 06-12-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello78 View Post
Looking to take the gf away this summer in mid August or November for teachers convention since she's a teacher and has off. Was looking at Disney in FL but I don't know anything about it. Thought that may be nice to get away but still in the States. OR...do we go somewhere outside the US like Bahamas or somewhere tropical. Can you guys please help me out? looking for all inclusive deals. No Dominican Republic.
going to be hot humid sticky with chance of rain. the rain can be light or heavy. also if go to disney world. all hotels will changer for parking if your staying there for $20 per day. also not cheap unless Floridian resident too. so be paired to play for family of 4 like over 100 per day for food. since food not cheap any more. on top of tickets and hotel room. adds up fast. with way its get crowed might need spend 2 or more days hit all disney world for rides not sure on new area for hollywood area or animal kingdoom. but epcot can do in day.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
gotcha. thanks for the heads up guys. should i book my trip online by myself or see a travel agent?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello78 View Post
gotcha. thanks for the heads up guys. should i book my trip online by myself or see a travel agent?
Definitely go see an agent if you're planning on leaving the States. We compared our trips to the ones we found online and found that the online sites were actually more expensive in some cases. You also don't have the benefit of talking to someone who was likely already there. Travel agents are typically world travelers themselves.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
got it. btw, how can i persuade my girl on going on a cruise in the future?

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat