mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Fred Bear - Ted Nugent

I'm not exactly sure why this song gives me goosebumps and gets the blood pumping, but I hunt and love the outdoors in general so that has something to do with it, I'm sure. I realize this is a tribute song, but everyone who hunts was taught by something or someone. And having a spirit in the woods, guiding you... I dunno. I don't really believe that stuff, but when I'm in the woods it's different... Dunno what else to say. Fantastic song IMO.

Cult of Personality - Living Color

Not to get political... but I love politics. I consider myself to be a relatively free thinker and this song just drives home how the general populous have become like sheep and subscribe to certain ideals without sitting back and thinking about the issues they supposedly stand for or the people they support (politically or otherwise). This doesn't apply to just one part of the political spectrum nor is it limited to politics only. A cult of personality is something that the vast majority of people don't even think about in their day to day lives. People no longer ask themselves why they believe the people they "believe" in. They just consume media and stay in their echo chambers. It's a reminder to always ask "why?" and to make educated decisions about issues and people and figure out what and who you really support. In short, don't be a sheep.

Last edited by glaman5266; 08-15-2019 at 08:40 PM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
I would rather be fishing

Anything by Chevelle, their lyrics truly speak to me but my favorites would be Jars, Vitamin R, Clincher and Shameful Metaphors. Best band ever. If you have never given them a chance you gotta listen. Every song will mean something to you

Plus I love Corey Taylor, "Snuff" just sounds like it's painful for him to sing. He has a ton of songs with Stone Sour that are so good

Last edited by Junglepeanut; 08-15-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Junglepeanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Touches self, frequently.

PPS Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
Cult of Personality - Living Color

Not to get political... but I love politics. I consider myself to be a relatively free thinker and this song just drives home how the general populous have become like sheep and subscribe to certain ideals without sitting back and thinking about the issues they supposedly stand for or the people they support (politically or otherwise). This doesn't apply to just one part of the political spectrum nor is it limited to politics only. A cult of personality is something that the vast majority of people don't even think about in their day to day lives. People no longer ask themselves why they believe the people they "believe" in. They just consume media and stay in their echo chambers. It's a reminder to always ask "why?" and to make educated decisions about issues and people and figure out what and who you really support. In short, don't be a sheep.
Awesome song and band!
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat