mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

had Boost for 6yrs $35 flat a month, no complaints
Old 09-30-2019, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Its either go cheap or go ATT IMO

Like that 35 dollar boost.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyweightnate View Post
An S7 keeps up just fine, as far as I've experienced. They're cheap now, too.
I just had to replace my S6 that I had for years because it was no longer going to be supported, it won't be long now before the S7 has the same fate.
Nectaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
i love straight talk you pay for the phone and get choices. some cheap other not so cheap. and for unlimited talk text and data for $60 for one person not bad deal for monthly plan just buy the card at wallmart
Are you in Canada or something? I use straight talk and pay $45 for unlimited talk, text and data.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
PPS Fan
I picked up the S10e. Loving it so far. Sadly I bought one that would use AT&T towers only to find out there was no signal at my house. Had to sell it for a loss and bought another that was cdma to use the Verizon towers. Oh and I use straight talk and happy with the service.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
I wish they were still flagship phones at 1/3~1/2 the cost, like the original OnePlus One. I'm actually still rocking my OPO, as it's still good enough for what I need.
I guess I was comparing to a pixel 2 (3 is out now but never looked at it). Taking a quick look at the iphone 11 pro max, then it's less than half the cost.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Touches self, frequently.

PPS Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
I guess I was comparing to a pixel 2 (3 is out now but never looked at it). Taking a quick look at the iphone 11 pro max, then it's less than half the cost.
I wasn't really comparing to high priced iPhones, but to similar spec'd Android phones in 2014. Though if I did, the OPO was about 1/3 the price of a similar iPhone 6 Plus in 2014. The OPO went on sale for $300/16GB and $350/64GB. The newly released OnePlus 7T will be $600 for the 128GB model. The 256GB isn't being released in the US yet (at all?), so no pricing info. The 7T Pro hasn't been confirmed/officially announced yet, so again no pricing info is available.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
I use Ting, they aren't the best coverage but my wife and I only pay $35 a month COMBINED and have been using them for several years with no intention of switching any time soon.

Noted, this is a "pay for what you use" plan so no unlimited anything. Plus, the part I like the most is that if you actually need to call the company for support it goes directly to a person instead of a menu of options.

You also have to bring in your own phone, but they sell them as well. I don't know much bout the phones myself, my friends and family just give me theirs when they are done with them.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bad Juju

If you're satisfied with Sprint, you should take a fresh look at their plans. They have some that are much cheaper for unlimited everything now.

If you really don't use your phone much when out and about, Ting is a great provider to save some $. I switched my parents over to it many many years ago, and they immediately started saving like $100/month over their old plan. I have an old phone on Ting that serves as the house phone, just in case a kid needs to dial 911 or something. If it isn't really used it costs me all of $7.50 / month.
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

(In the US) I'm on Mint Wireless (a T-Mobile MVNO), $15/month for unlimited talk & text and 3 gb data.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat