mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
I might need to call it quits because of the arthritis in my spine - got a whole news stand worth of issues in my lumbar that makes regular day to day activities very challenging at times. PT twice a week and other exercise on top of that to maintain mobility. spine doc says I could have a 4 level fusion, but follows that with stating I am too young and need to go as long as I can first. Recovery time for that surgery is 6-12mos

On the plus side, with sticking to my PT regime I have improved my knees and my shoulder tremendously. My right shoulder got screwed six ways to sunday when I dislocated it upwards . . . did it playing paintball. Had surgery on it coming up on 8yrs ago to reattach the rotator cuff and decompress the joint, basically got full mobility back in it in the past couple years as a side benefit of the PT I do for my spine.

the problem I face is I can go and play a half or a full day - but the price I pay has often been days of recovery and added agony. I still gotta function for the regular things like hey I got a family and a job and responsibilities. such is life
TANSTAAFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
he doesn't like the salad . . . it reminds him of death
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

49 motorcycle accident survivor, wasnt suppose to make it. had to learn to walk again, havent played in almost 10yrs and old crew now plays every month or so recball, they got me to go out with them one day and you can say the bug bit , cant run and gun like i use to but still feels good to even sit in the back and snipe im usually done mid day
Old 12-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
what sucks i want to do more ride bike or go for long walks or do more stuff. but since still not cleared can not do much. since do not want to break work comp rules. still have hard time lifting heavy things too. also back still get sore off and on. so base on what i do or way sit or lay sofa or sleep in bed cause pain and stuff. what really sucks no one turn in my last paper work to get me to see chiropractor so therapy place been order me work and had to have walmart complain or find out why order did not get okay. glad have this week off
After a smack like that, I would expect at least 6 weeks of distinct aches and about 6 months before calling it "mostly normal". Spine stuff is hard to unload. That's on the good side. The other problem with being old is you don't know how well anything will heal. After I seriously sprained my knee playing paintball and other stuff one weekend, I was so happy and excited that it healed up right at 6 weeks.

Paintball is unpredictable stress. Stick with the gym and regular exercise for as much as you can until you feel confident. I get aggravated at how effective walking is, but it isn't very comfortable for your back. You might try floating around a pool, if you can find one handy.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
After diagnosing my new gout condition, I dropped the cholesterol meds and just started working out more. Cholesterol, workouts, and gout have been going the right way ever since.
Gout is the devil, Allopurinol is my hero.

I'll be 40 in the spring . Tend to have knee issues, ironically I find paintball tends to make them not hurt as much. Probably lots of squat type motions, combined with actually getting off my *** and doing something. Now I just wish I could play more than on the weekends.
cellophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
After a smack like that, I would expect at least 6 weeks of distinct aches and about 6 months before calling it "mostly normal". Spine stuff is hard to unload. That's on the good side. The other problem with being old is you don't know how well anything will heal. After I seriously sprained my knee playing paintball and other stuff one weekend, I was so happy and excited that it healed up right at 6 weeks.

Paintball is unpredictable stress. Stick with the gym and regular exercise for as much as you can until you feel confident. I get aggravated at how effective walking is, but it isn't very comfortable for your back. You might try floating around a pool, if you can find one handy.
i can do more now back is getting better but hard part is knowing my limits and other hard part is this. since last time been to place called med Fast. both work or them did not send in my paper work. so been out loop on what to do. also fact therapy place been asking for time and walmart pharmacy been ask and complaining about why order can not be filled or why can not get any more therapy class when last talked to work comp people said would look into it. heard nothing but told boss said would work on its tues now told him last wed. still in waiting game on how to fix body
Old 12-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophane View Post
Gout is the devil, Allopurinol is my hero.

I'll be 40 in the spring . Tend to have knee issues, ironically I find paintball tends to make them not hurt as much. Probably lots of squat type motions, combined with actually getting off my *** and doing something. Now I just wish I could play more than on the weekends.
ahhh yes....i also get gout....no bueno!
Old 12-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm 60 and I don't have any infirmities that slow me down on the field. However, sometimes I get leg cramps at night after a hard day and I usually feel tired the next day. I do try to be sensible about paintball too- knee pads are standard equipment, never run if you can walk to an objective, never dive or crawl, and always remember- Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Right you are, Ken"
BretG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm 57 this month.

Yoga. Been doing it for 2.5 years now and love it.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I might need to call it quits because of the arthritis in my spine - got a whole news stand worth of issues in my lumbar that makes regular day to day activities very challenging at times. PT twice a week and other exercise on top of that to maintain mobility. spine doc says I could have a 4 level fusion, but follows that with stating I am too young and need to go as long as I can first. Recovery time for that surgery is 6-12mos

On the plus side, with sticking to my PT regime I have improved my knees and my shoulder tremendously. My right shoulder got screwed six ways to sunday when I dislocated it upwards . . . did it playing paintball. Had surgery on it coming up on 8yrs ago to reattach the rotator cuff and decompress the joint, basically got full mobility back in it in the past couple years as a side benefit of the PT I do for my spine.

the problem I face is I can go and play a half or a full day - but the price I pay has often been days of recovery and added agony. I still gotta function for the regular things like hey I got a family and a job and responsibilities. such is life
so no more 24hrs of lemons i see
Old 12-08-2019, 12:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Get off my lawn!

feedback

https://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat