mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Old Slow Fat Guy

Timely Relationship Advice

It's almost Valentine's Day. Time for some relationship advice from Professor Dungeon Master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G09eeu8Y3SY

So... Good advice or bad advice? Why?

Ok, so I really posted it because the video amused me. I like this guy's videos. (Not quite as much as Seth Skorkowsky's, but I still watch most of them.)

Last edited by Un2xs; 02-14-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Un2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Ehh... I'm on board with about 50% of what this guy says. I told my wife point-blank to not make me choose between her and paintball. Just. Don't. She respects that, despite her lack of interest and probably some resentment when she sees how much I spend sometimes. But as long as I don't give her a hard time over her hobbies it's no big deal.

He's very right about needing your own time for your own interests, but overall I think he's a little extreme. For me the majority of your interests don't need to be the same to have a great relationship (though it does help). Just goes to show how differently people can view things I guess.

EDIT: Upon further thought, what he says is merely an opinion and he presents absolutely nothing profound. Kinda want my 10 minutes back, lol. The 6yo being a DM was neat to see though.

Last edited by glaman5266; 02-14-2020 at 03:25 AM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
I didn't watch the whole thing, but saw enough. He's right from what I saw and heard. You do you. Enjoy your hobbies, do your thing. Never would my wife dare to tell me what to do. Now my wife and I are total opposites. We had nothing in common when we met. Literally nothing. But that's what made it so great. I got to learn a lot from her things, she got to learn and do my things.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat