mcarterbrown.com  

Kidney Machine Kidney Machine

Old 08-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Im still around, barely. I dropped my best one in october in the first time I played in 6 months. Since then, the last time I "played", was in a creek bed in Moab UT, but we got kicked out of town for squatting. Id be down for 3+ depending on the price.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Any thoughts on price of these yet?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

pics of you custom 3357?

Hi,
Do you have pics of your 3357s?

Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavistime View Post
Im still around, barely. I dropped my best one in october in the first time I played in 6 months. Since then, the last time I "played", was in a creek bed in Moab UT, but we got kicked out of town for squatting. Id be down for 3+ depending on the price.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamoussmiley View Post
Ahem Go here - Paintball Equipment Rentals and check out "Baby". She was the first extreme custom I did way back in 2003-04. I LOVE shooting the 3357s and I am currently working on a couple more (not to sell - sorry).

Smiley
Nice Navy!
When I got out of the army in 86 I found Hell Survivors in Mi and the next year dumped the splatmaster I had, to drop hundreds of dollars on a nice Nelly. 2 lousy weeks, I think it was, later HS got the first of their 3357 rental guns.
A week later I had sold my Nelly and ordered 2 3357's. Aside from a perma-loaned P68SC I got later, I never bought any other type of marker until 98 when my P68SC(which I used for HS field paint play) gave out and I bought a minimag to use there except for the times that HS had 50cal field paint(this happened off and on all the way to 01).

Another bit of lost AgentSmith technology was my over shoulder magazine holder. I took a short piece of PVC pipe and some innertube material(tractor store) and made basically a dixiecup dispenser for the aluminum mags that I used. By having the hole the right size(slightly smaller than the wide part) and putting them in narrow side down, I was able to dump the empty one in my pocket and pull a new one in a smooth motion. Then when I got a chance to reload that empty I would push it through the identical hole in the top. I covered the PVC in olive drab canvas and attached the shoulder straps from a surplus US leather shoulder holster to carry it. It worked well.

Rob

Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Any thoughts on price of these yet?
Depends on the amount of design and prototyping We have to go through.

So far the blank has been machined on the lathe and the drawings proto'd in Rhino.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

AgentSmith has been helping me out with my 3357. He led me on to this post and I would be interested in a couple of them.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

We had a few issues with our CAD/CAM software due to the complexety of the part. The new programs are up and running and we should have a rough prototype by the end of this week.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
Old 09-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to BrianHindt Send a message via Skype™ to BrianHindt

Update:
CNC issues solved. The Prototype is waiting on some 1/32" end mills to arrive, necessary to mill around and between the little ratchets. The detent system will use the little rubber spyder/piranha detents, press fit into slots between the spindle and the pockets in which the balls sit. Each ball gets its own detent.

These cylinders should be ready for sale within a few weeks. The anticipated price after anno should be in the neighborhood of $30-40 each although we have yet to exact a price. Each cylinder takes about 45 minutes to machine due to tool changes and the slowness of milling the ratchets with 1/32" end mills, then has to be polished, then anno'd.

These 3357 aluminum mags will be the initial product offering of "JB Machine" which is a business partnership between Jacob and myself. It is separate from kidneymachine in that it will offer production parts and not custom work. We'll announce JB Machine and our planned product offerings upon the completion of these mags.

Last edited by BrianHindt; 09-13-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Awesome! That's great news and I see my Fellow Great Lakes Rangers teammate Kozz has posted up too!
I would still like three of these!
Are you strictly going classic black or could some be annoed in color, say a nice Olive Drab?
Rob

Old 09-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Anno can be anything you'd like... We chose black simply because the rest of the gun is black. But if anybody has anything else in mind just let me know. We still have to sit down and get materials for the Pawl and such but progress is moving along.

-Jake

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » Kidney Machine