mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

want to know how to tune a blow back

Ok guys iv always wanted to build a couple spyders but i have no i dea how to tune them, i onow for sure one will be built for 12 grams, i know a will need spring kits but what about regs, are volume chambers really needed(i think their fugly), and what about valves or diy valve mods, i also read some where that you can drill the body like you do on an intimadator for more flow
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Law
Where's Tug Contest Winner

What kind of spyder are you thinking of? In my limited knowledge I believe that starting with something newer than say 08 will make modding the internals not all that important, and you'll get a lot of adjustment out of a spring kit. For 12 grams I would look into the newer Eco valve for efficiency.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Im just looking to build a couple cheap markers, the 12 gram one is for ****s and giggles, ill get a newer spyder for my main build,

I want to know how to set them up, do I need a inline reg and do you spring tune then like a pump, strong valve spring and then finding the lightest hammer spring that will work

Last edited by psycho91; 06-08-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Also are all spyder valves interchangable, new and old, and will any azodin parts fit older spyders, I specifically have an old power feed piranha if it matters any, the one without the volume chamber
Old 06-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
Also are all spyder valves interchangable, new and old, and will any azodin parts fit older spyders, I specifically have an old power feed piranha if it matters any, the one without the volume chamber
I know that there's at least 2 different internal body widths, so a valve from an old Spyder (pre-2004 or 5?) won't fit a later body (or vice-versa).

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Ok, what valves are worth putting into an old spyder or spyder clone, I may not bother with the valve and just add regs and spring kits to my builds and call it a day
Old 06-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

What exactly are you trying to do?

There are two types, older spyder that use a Fatty striker and newer ones that have a Slim striker. The only reason to change valve is if you are looking to lower the pressure. Otherwise most spyders operate off high pressure.

The VS and a few others, like the new 2012 Fenix, use a regulator for low pressure HPA.
The new Victors, MR4/5/6, MR100 use the new EKO valve, but are High pressure setups.

If you are not looking to lower pressure, you don't need a new valve. Let us know what spyders you have and what you want to do with them.

I've recently converted a Spyder MR2 for low pressure ~380psi, and added eyes. I have a bunch of spyders
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

If your going with 12 gr you wont need X Chambers or Regs as they will deplete the volume of your 12gr = less shot count..Set up your bucket changer direct to your VA,...Here is a cheap Valve set for low pressure.... Spyder Java Sonix E99 Rodeo Pilot Victor Gun Magna Port Turbo Valve Cup Seal Set | eBay

Ebay, camocow200 (1400) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (825) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback

Last edited by woouulf; 06-08-2016 at 12:15 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Dont have a set plan yet, im just gathering info right now, im wanting one set up for 12 gram use and one thats just a nice shooting mech, I know nothing of spyders except all the bad talk, I was asking about valves but dont plan on getting any just wanted the info, and im guessing volume chambers really only work if your running LP, I read somewhere that thats what there for other than that its just a waste, my piranha doesnt have one

The one I just bought will be used for 12 grams I was planning on a spring kit and running the changer out the vert asa and be done with it

The the one that would be used for regular play would use HPA and I was thinking about a spring kit and a reg and call it a day but i heard about so much you can do to these, I planned on a new spyder or azodin for this build

Is it possible to polish the hammer, I know these hammers can be a pain to work with cause the metal is so hard, im going to go look up some info on LP spyders and see what else I can find out, a faq would be nice but couldnt find one
Old 06-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
This site has a lot of Spyder info - Otter Customs Paintball - Spyder
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman