mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Ya the Turbo valve is limited by the valve spring options. The weakest spring setup will allow most builds to cycle, but it'l be more difficult to get up to velocity. I honestly think the EKO valve is a little better flowing and it has a dedicated blow back channel so it might work better at low pressure high volume.

The striker and bolt may also need "tuning" ie. weight reduction, in order to promote cycling.

Once you get under 300 psi you start hitting limits. It's still doable but you'l need to try a lot of spring combinations. Sometimes a weak valve and very strong striker spring are needed, and other times the stock valve and weak striker spring works perfectly.

The best way to start this is set the Regulator to what you want, then start with a weak valve and weak striker spring and see what happens. Find out which setups cycle reliably, which require a ball in the chamber to cycle, and which get close to field velocity.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

So this thread got me proactive again and I took my Rocket valve out of my MR2 and stuck it in my EMR5. With the current setup I was cycling at ~250 psi and shooting 200fps, reliably. Much more reliable than my VS2 valve setup. Shouldn't take too much to get it to field velocity.

Good luck with your valve, they are so fun to tinker with.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Awesome, those rocket valves look like one of the best options along with the tornado valve. It's pretty cool that spyder prices are low right now as I think they are going to blow up in value once they become "hip" again. Freaking hipsters....
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman