mcarterbrown.com  

Literature Books - What are you reading or writing? Share what you have also!

Old 10-16-2016, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Custom User

Comics.

Hi

I just got out my comics for the first time since 1993. Wow!

I'm going to sell them so Im looking for advice on where I can find a website that I can find honest values and a buy and sell forum.

In case your curious I was collecting every appearance of the Silver Surfer. Therefore I also have all the Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade crossovers etc.... from all the other marvel characters involved. Almost all are read once except duplicates of issue #1 - #25 - #50 and such where I have one copy read once and one that is mint.

Any help appreciated.
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

best bet is go to comic store and get price guide from them. no sure of over street price guide is still out. and we also hit another peak again. so unless made before mid 1980's to sliver age most are not going to be worth much.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
best bet is go to comic store and get price guide from them. no sure of over street price guide is still out. and we also hit another peak again. so unless made before mid 1980's to sliver age most are not going to be worth much.
Thanks. about 1/2 of them are mid 80's, a few older, the newest ones are 1994 at the latest. Ill look for overstreet online. I have a few copies in my collection too. lol.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

Nice collection I have very similar taste myself, Ive always been a Warlock Thanos fan. I've never purchased or consigned through "my comic shop" but they handle a lot of old issues and often have multiples copies in various conditions and variants with prices included so their site is a good reference as a price guide to get you started on figuring out the value of your collection, I have a feeling if you wait till after the infinity war movie hits theaters some of the sets you mentioned will probably take a little hike in value.

Comic Books: Buy, Sell, Trade, Consign, Collect | mycomicshop.com
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderating From Above

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I use this site to track my collection: Welcome to ComicsPriceGuide.com | The Free Online Comic Book Price Guide

Ebay is going to have the most realistic prices. Unless it is a legit and rare book, you should expect about 30% of book value.

But I would be interested to see what you have. I'm always looking for stuff for my collection or a friends store.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I use this site to track my collection: Welcome to ComicsPriceGuide.com | The Free Online Comic Book Price Guide

Ebay is going to have the most realistic prices. Unless it is a legit and rare book, you should expect about 30% of book value.

But I would be interested to see what you have. I'm always looking for stuff for my collection or a friends store.
Thanks. I'm almost finished compiling my list. Im going to need to study up a biit on classifying the condition of each issue. Dont hold your breath, lol. I can put the list in my drop box or google docs when its finished even if iits not graded yet.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
Nice collection I have very similar taste myself, Ive always been a Warlock Thanos fan. I've never purchased or consigned through "my comic shop" but they handle a lot of old issues and often have multiples copies in various conditions and variants with prices included so their site is a good reference as a price guide to get you started on figuring out the value of your collection, I have a feeling if you wait till after the infinity war movie hits theaters some of the sets you mentioned will probably take a little hike in value.

Comic Books: Buy, Sell, Trade, Consign, Collect | mycomicshop.com
I saw this site. Im going to start an account and see how it goes. I might start a dialogue for selling all my comics at once. I'll see how it goes.

I'm on a mission to buy some CNC equipement for my workshop. Im selling off most of my markers and mountainbikes. Now Im looking at Comics and cameras etc... Didnt realize I had so many collections lol.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Literature