mcarterbrown.com  

Literature Books - What are you reading or writing? Share what you have also!

Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Just started Chapter 12 now, man it is definitely keeping my attention! I'm gonna have a hard time putting this down.

SPOILER ALERT

I'm getting really curious about who placed the extra transmitter with the Martian battery in it. I had the feeling from the moment Holden read the letters on it that it definitely did NOT seem like the Martian navy.

Also, when I get around to watching the show, I'm not looking forward to having to watch Canterbury/Knight crewmembers get killed near the beginning. Still, keeping me very engaged!
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Just started Chapter 12 now, man it is definitely keeping my attention! I'm gonna have a hard time putting this down.

SPOILER ALERT

I'm getting really curious about who placed the extra transmitter with the Martian battery in it. I had the feeling from the moment Holden read the letters on it that it definitely did NOT seem like the Martian navy.

Also, when I get around to watching the show, I'm not looking forward to having to watch Canterbury/Knight crewmembers get killed near the beginning. Still, keeping me very engaged!
(Spoilers up to chapter 8 maybe for anyone who hasn't gotten that far)

It's kind of a good thing you are reading the book first because the show didn't do a very good job of explaining the battery.

It's funny because the show does follow the overall plot but some if the details change. They did a pretty good job of casting the characters. I actually like Amos in the show better than the book. The show also follows around more characters than the book does.

So, the cant is gone and they are on the Knight. I'm pretty sure you have been introduced to Miller at this point (if not, you will soon, not a spoiler, just another character) does that pretty much sum up where you are?

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
So, the cant is gone and they are on the Knight. I'm pretty sure you have been introduced to Miller at this point (if not, you will soon, not a spoiler, just another character) does that pretty much sum up where you are?
A bit farther, there have been several "Miller" chapters already, he's looking more into the case about the girl right now.

And Holden and company are on the Donnager now, and things are...starting to happen. Hence why I've currently got my eyes glued to the page.

I'm always retrospectively satisfied when I read a book before the movie/show, though it does usually leave me a little frustrated with the movie/show.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
A bit farther, there have been several "Miller" chapters already, he's looking more into the case about the girl right now.

And Holden and company are on the Donnager now, and things are...starting to happen. Hence why I've currently got my eyes glued to the page.

I'm always retrospectively satisfied when I read a book before the movie/show, though it does usually leave me a little frustrated with the movie/show.
The donnager is interesting because it's one of the points that the show kind of deviated a little and I kind of like the way the show portrayed it. The major points are all still there though.

If you have Amazon prime you can watch the show, the first book goes until season 2 episode 2 if I remember right so it will be interesting to see what you think of the show if you watch it because you are reading the book first, watching show second and I did it the other way around

One thing I'm not sure of is there are some characters in the show by the end of season 1 that are not in the book. I'm not sure if they come in later or were additions. They fell rather natural to the story so I'm wondering if they will come in in book 2

Old 10-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

wait one second the board greats mod for paintballing has time read. thought we see new stuff being make by the man Rainmaker
Old 10-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
wait one second the board greats mod for paintballing has time read. thought we see new stuff being make by the man Rainmaker
Ok, full disclosure - I HAD been reading the paperback, but yesterday I switched to the audio book. I have a 50 minute commute each way, so I'm trucking through the audio book a lot faster now.

If i could find a way to do CAD and 3D printing while driving, I'd be churning stuff out, haha
Old 10-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Legit

Hey that's a pretty good solution

I'm waiting on my library to have book 2 available right now. Someone else has the ebook checked out at that moment so you have time to catch up

Old 10-18-2019, 11:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
At about chapter 28 now. Man all the action on Eros had been intense! Holden and Miller have got themselves into some pretty deep trouble.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Up to about chapter 42 now, the Thoth Station stuff just finished. I'm not really sure where it's gonna go from here. Not like I'm any good at predicting plot lines, but I'm at this part where Miller and Holden are at odds with each other and it's currently feeling a bit aimless.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Legit

I started on the second book today.

I'm more or less keeping pace watching the expanse as well. The timeline of some events has changed slightly though

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Literature