mcarterbrown.com  

Living Legends 5 Living Legends at CPX - 2012

Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #81 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

As AS stateD I WANTED THAT additional battle to happen! I had my allies ready but we went 1hour over schedule THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TON OF FUN!

And that would have been with everyone's personal markers against pistols
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post

If it was 1 v 1 20 times, it was 1 v 20. He beat all 20 of us! Give the guy a little credit! If he'd have slipped the slightest in patience, timing, skill or if the breaks of the games had gone slightly different ways one of us would have had him. He didn't slip and took everything he was given, it was an awesome performance.

Oh im not denying his skills in anyway. Ive seen the videos. I use two T8s or 2 Tpxs sometimes and the shots he makes are really impressive.

Flanking alone would make a 1 v 20atonce a short unfun game to watch, he's good, noone's magic though. That was why he contacted people for the 5 on 20 that we planned for, it would be more fun for all.

As I have not walked around that field I dont know the full layout but it seems like as long as he stayed away from corners and kept light on his feat he should still stand a good chance. Ive gone against several "somewhat skilled" players before with just my T8 and taken several people out. I agree though 5 on 20 is nice but hey you could give MA like 3 hits and hes out or something. I mean yea he could get lit up by one person but that happens.

In the end I think what bugs people is that he won. If he'd have gone 19-1 noone would care how the games were set up!!!! All I can say is camp the tippmann tent next year and show us how it's done by beating him yourself. Good luck!

Until then all of this that's not directed to making next year better, carries the aroma of sour grapes, whether intended so or not.

LOL im not sour at all. Good for him, Takes a lot of practice to get as good as he is with pistols(this im sure you know). I know Ive been using pistols(almost only) for the past year or so. Wish I couldve been there to "take my chance" but Life happens so.

on a side note disappointed I cant go to Global this year. I was hoping to see you on the field smith

4G

Rob
^above in red

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #83 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
Figures that people complain even when a company is nice enough to make an event and try to give away some of their gear and markers.
I have not voiced my opinion, but is everyone supposed like something because a company put it together and are giving freebies? People are entitled to their opinions, whether they are flattering or not. I see a whole lot of this type of attitude in PB. To many, this special event was fun, to many others it was not.

I personally did not find it appealing from watching the videos out there for it. In my opinion, the formatting was flawed and unappealing, but that is just my opinion.
MrStik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #84 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Haterz Edition

Strong Language Warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hsl_8DVlc&feature=player_embedded
Adversaries.. You're Next
Allies.. Enjoy The View*
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #85 (permalink)
Post Whore

As a pump player that night, I was EXTREMELY irritated that the pistol challenge thing went on so long. Next year, I hope it's not schedule before pump play. I know I am probably a paintballer annomoly with my thinking, but I think stuff should start at it's advertised time. Not over an hour later.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #86 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
As a pump player that night, I was EXTREMELY irritated that the pistol challenge thing went on so long. Next year, I hope it's not schedule before pump play. I know I am probably a paintballer annomoly with my thinking, but I think stuff should start at it's advertised time. Not over an hour later.
Im pretty sure you werent the only one that was annoyed. I also think there was a much larger turnout for the pump play then was expected, so that added to the delay once they realized that having all those players on one field was going to be bedlam.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #87 (permalink)
ur my sister

he obviously has a favorite spot. building to the left and play the mesh netting.

MY FEEDBACK
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #88 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Viper Paintball

There was an unexpectedly high turnout for both of these free, added activities, but we will make sure that the free, added activities don't interfere with each other next year so that you can all get the most for your money. That is always our goal. You guys might stop and ask yourself how many other events you've been to have this many FREE, ADDED activities on Friday for you at NO EXTRA CHARGE...as well as chances to win FREE MARKERS just for participating.

Last edited by Viper Paintball; 06-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Viper Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #89 (permalink)
Post Whore

Calling it free is a little misleading. I spent about $400 between travel expenses, entry fees, paint etc, so this was hardly free. You couldnt walk in off the street and play for funsies, you had to be registered. It was nice to have this included as part of our paid entry for the weekend, but it doesnt change the fact that it should have been better planned. I will add that it was nice to allow us to use non event paint for the pump play, wish I would have know this prior so I could have made it more enjoyable. I think we all realize there is a first year for everything, so hopefully it will be better next year.

And for the record, I have been to several events that offered some sort of night play or open play the Friday before an event. Its a nice added bonus.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #90 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Viper Paintball

We had free pump play last year. It went off without a hitch. This year we added more activities. The more you try and cram into one weekend the more logistical issues arise. But most LL vets will tell you that it improves every year. Know that we are NOT satisfied or happy with issues like this and that, as always, we will work hard to improve.

But, yes, these were added, free activities. Living Legends is a two-day scenario game. It started out that way, and that is what the majority pay for and attend for. Just like a restaurant that advertises "Free dessert with meal" these activities are, basically, free appetizers. We are happy to do them, but we make NO additional profit by offering them. The players that attend LL from all over the world are there for the two-day scenario. If we dropped ALL of the Friday activities I doubt it would cost us a dozen players. We don't do it to bring in more players, or because it will generate more profit. We do it because we want LL to be something special, so we try to do all you can to show you a good time while you're there.

Based on these simple business facts I don't feel that a tiny bit of appreciation for us attempting to go the extra mile is asking too much.

Last edited by Viper Paintball; 06-29-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Viper Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games » Scenario and Big Game Archive » Living Legends 5