mcarterbrown.com  

Macdev Droid, Cyborg and other Macdev Products

Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fat man with a pump

How to make a Cyborg RX tactical?

I have been playing for the past year using a CCI Phantom and am looking to purchase a Cyborg RX within the near future. Now once I do, I tend to lean towards the more tactical (not laser, flashlight or 3x scope) but more t-stock or something along those lines. Looking to mount a stock from the bottom of the grip but would like some input as to what would be effective.

Anyone have some suggestions for a newbie...
MaBoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
ok stock is easy, well if the asa uses 2 screws to attach it is, as you have the choice o, cci L stock or t stock, rtr t stock, spec ops t2w and tw2 air through, and many more
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fat man with a pump

Is it effective using the spec ops t2w/air? and can you mount a ghost ring on top of the gun with a offset hopper. I have enjoyed my ghost ring and it helps a lot.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

ghost ring? offset hopper? borgs use threaded centerfeeds and it has no sight rails unless you feel like milling one...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
ghost ring? offset hopper? borgs use threaded centerfeeds and it has no sight rails unless you feel like milling one...
sorta its more like an ego neck than threaded, i only know this becuase i like some e guns and was looking at a borg.
but yea you'd have to mill a new feed/eye placement/sight rail for that.
the t2w with air, you talking about the air through or the normal and useing a drop?

you do know the air through will need a remote line right? but id say maybes.
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Maybe you could clamp something on the barrel (3X scope or flashlight). You could Q-Load it as well. The only other thing I can think of would be to re-ano dust black or some camo pattern.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Irregulators

Maboob, just get a Tactical Drone like me! I have successfully mounted a sight on it with a 45 offset, which worked surprisingly well.

Seriously, I looked carefully at my RX when I had it, and there is really no way to add anything else to it. Part of keeping it really light is the complete lack of material to mill flat or take threads. The RX is pure lightweight performance.

I used to use a T2W stock on my 07 cyborg, and it worked great. Kinda looked funny with the sharktooth barrel and pinokio, but it was very effective.

Here is a comparison pick of my two cyborgs:

and a pic of the drone with sight attached. I took these pics as a demonstration when the Drone first came out, before I made my own tactical stock.

Boomer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fat man with a pump

Thanks Boomer. I was talking to Krazy8 and for me he was recommending the Cyborg RX for a year around gun. Drone is a nice one but I think I'm going to go with the Cyborg. I really think the t2w air-thru stock will be a major effective add-on for me and a remote feed leading to possibly a 68/4500 or even a 70/4500 on my back..

Awesome pics of the Borg and Drone by the way.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

do you really need such a big tank? my 45/4500 seems to last almost a whole day if i wasn't paranoid and refill when it hits 2000, and this is for an 06 cyborg.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fat man with a pump

I could go with the 45/4500 but just to be sure, I would prefer going with the bigger tank. Especially with some of the firefights that both Boomer and I have gotten into, sometimes you just got to sit and wait with what you got. Yeah the 45/4500 would be a bit lighter but I want to be able to stay out as long as needed and if it means having a bigger tank then I'll be happy to.

Usually I run out of paint before I run out of CO2 on my phantom or Air on my friends Droid, but I think it would be better for me especially seeing as it's my first semi/full-auto.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Macdev