mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Honorcore/Scarab Arms Product Users Input

Hey ,I'm a Vancouver based Paintball player going through a trial period with Honorcore Paintball ,hopefully looking to become involved in sales and service.

Thread

I'm a regular player who started back in 2003 playing Drop-in like the rest of us with 2011 seeing my first national win in the CPPL.
I still play every weekend although I do not compete instead grinding it out on weekend at practice or local big games.

I've helped run a local store since 2006 becoming manager in 2009, fueling my passion as a Tech/Performance Enthusiast.I love taking apart gear and making it better!
This employment over the last 8 years has let me put pretty much every piece of equipment released over that time either in my hands or in my gearbag depending on my impression and its performance.

At current I use both the Planet Eclipse Geo3 and CSL powered by Ninja air systems and fed via the Virtue and Empire loaders as I believe they represent the pinnacle in performance.

It is my belief magfed currently lacks a low-cost high performance system that is not a rehash of a blowforward or blowback design in different dress.

The development and release of a low cost platform that can handle brittle paints as well as FSR with efficiency,reliability,and customization is key.

Certain products already on the market do hit home in a number of the above mentioned category's but not all at once in a single package.

I want to see where the user base for their products and systems are located and what they love and hate about the products and systems ,where they think performance or handling could be improved.

I see a lack of dialogue between Users and Customer Support which as a player is something I want to correct. Dialogue means improvement and improvement means better products and better experiences for the player.

As an example:
In my opinion the addition of a 45 degree air inlet and soft face on the TRG1/2 systems would be a simple but meaningful improvement in both paint handling and operating pressure.Extending the magazine release was also something I noticed but this has been added in the latest release of lowers.

At present: I only have access to Twitter but hope to have my role expanded upon joining the HC team in an official capacity so please fire away on here or twitter preferably as I hope to engage all the fourms I visit on the regular and really provide a behind the scenes experience.
Paintballer231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newbie... here at least

This is a re-post of what I wrote on Maxtact's Youtube video about the bullpup concept:

"I made a comment about this on the Honor Core website, but I wanted to post it here too. The holy grail of mag fed (to me) is to have a common rifle design, that can swap out receivers and grips to convert between a standard layout and bullpup, with modular front handguards and mag wells, air-in-stock and remote line abilities, mechanical full auto, and large capacity magazine types. Make that concept work, and you've got the end-all, be-all of mag fed rifles."

"Also, as an aside - and since you're so open to hearing what your potential customers want - my preference would be to not have markers that so closely resemble real weapons (such as this FN2000), since that limits what you can do with it. I would rather have a more generic design that could be more modular and customizable."

"The closest thing that I've seen so far to the 'holy grail' that I spoke of is the proposed BR1. What they need to do now is make the mag well and grip frame of the TGR2 two separate pieces, have one set of different sized front handguards that fit both the TGR2 and BR1, use the same grip frame for both markers, and have all parts available for separate purchase so people can build the marker that they want. The engine is the same, so the internals should be able to be transplanted from the standard receiver to the bullpup receiver easily and with no modifications. Mechanical full auto and air-in-stock for the bullpup would be nice eventual options.

The beauty of a system like this that I can just have the parts I need to build whatever type of weapon I need, without having to buy several different markers.

So to the guys at Maxtact - you wanted input from your customers, here's my take on it."

I realize that this is probably not exactly what you were expecting, but the BR1 will likely be my first venture into the Honorcore brand, so those are my thoughts.

Last edited by Pointman Green; 04-10-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Pointman Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

That is exactly what I wanted! I am actually on the same train of thought!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Do you believe the inclusion of an open or closed bolt system (Changeable on the fly) would be a feature that would interest you as a potential customer.The rise of systems like the 468 and Caramatech systems shows there is interest and demand (however limited) in DMR tech and options!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newbie... here at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer231 View Post
Do you believe the inclusion of an open or closed bolt system (Changeable on the fly) would be a feature that would interest you as a potential customer.The rise of systems like the 468 and Caramatech systems shows there is interest and demand (however limited) in DMR tech and options!
Definitely!! If you can make that work, that is most certainly a plus. I know this is a lot to put into one package, but I really do believe it can be done. The TGR1/2/BR1 family may just be the platform to do that.

By the way, it's good to know that someone is actually listening!
Pointman Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

It would be nice to see more input from the userbase but listening to the customer will be the cornerstone of my responsibilities if I have my way
Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

After a report of a user with loose hardware during play ,Honorcore now applies loc-tite during assembly.

Last edited by Paintballer231; 04-15-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

something I'm able to tell you is that they have a great vision for their first core, more than enough shapes you'd ever hope for. The mk2 core will be able to achieve great things other than just released rifle shapes.
PaulEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

I'd like to see a magfed speedball/spacegun. Something that is purely focused on being the most effective marker possible, without regards to realism. It'd be light, compact, and not DAM expensive.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
I'd like to see a magfed speedball/spacegun. Something that is purely focused on being the most effective marker possible, without regards to realism. It'd be light, compact, and not DAM expensive.
I have been floating this around in my head,something AR-15 based so people can still make it to their preference.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed