mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 11-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Milsig arbiter block with T15 barrel sleeve!

Ok guys, So I found out to be able to mount the 2 piece handguards from companies like magpul or strike industries you basically need the T15s barrel sleeve if you want to put it on the milsig M17. I am attempting such a mod and would like some input on what is what..

First: The threads on the arbiter block screw in just fine for a couple turns before it jams to a stop on the T15 barrel nut so I can assume the threads are different. I just don't know what is what but from a friend's opinion he believes the barrel nut is thread to imperial and milsig's arbiter block is metric. So is there such a thing as a metric barrel nut that is sold out there somewhere?

I don't think I'd be able to muscle my way through as it will likely ruin both pieces so I'd like to hear what can be done..Honestly I think a metric barrel nut is my best chance lol.

Thanks!
Christofolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
[DAWN]

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I spoke with someone about this today at a local meetup. Something about Imperial versus metric threads, yes. Milsig's site lists it as 1.25-20 threads, and the guy I talked to said he confirmed this with Doug Brown, so that thread spec may be what to look for?
Kapyrna is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed