mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

How to carry up to 4 magazines on your magfed (and make a dual magazine strap)

So I did this dyi guide for T15 but it works for any magfed I believe. Pretty simple tricks actually that perform better than commercial parts, and it only costs me $6.00...:

https://t15mods.wordpress.com/2018/1...agazine-strap/
T15mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Tape is not better than solid mountings. It does not perform better than a solid mounting. Admirable job, but please, stop making such far fetched claims.

People have be taping magazines together since forever in real life and paintball.

The way you mounted the magazines to the belt is interesting, but slower and possibly get you killed in a rapid reload situation.

Adding more weight to the marker will make it slower and less effective.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

What solid mountings would you recommend, if you read the text I have tried 2 and both failed, and it's not any tape, has to be removable to clean/fix mags while dirt resistant. And I m not claiming to have invented the tape, as I refer to in the blog from where I sourced the idea. It's the only solution that currently works for me. I appreciate your comments but please also read some of the text if you can (sorry my writing is dry)
Old 10-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Certified Creeper

That looks like Coban, medical dressing tape meant to not pull hair. If one wants to go magfed, one should be ready to carry mags.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

For the mags on the stock, they simply slide out so reload is faster that from my belt if I am crouching in a position limiting acces to my mag pouches. Also easy to know which one is a special mag, like one carrying first strikes
Old 10-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
That looks like Coban, medical dressing tape meant to not pull hair. If one wants to go magfed, one should be ready to carry mags.
Correct it's that kind of tape. I think everyone should play as they like but there's definitely an advantage to carrying a mag on the marker if you're in a position limiting access to your body pouches. I ve myself looked into it after a game where I was defending a fort entrance from a weird low position that made reloading from the body very tricky...
Old 10-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Hey. I have been looking around a bit, and I want to apologize. I now actually agree with you that the commercial offerings for strapping T15 (M4/M16/AR15 etc) mags together suck. Taping them together with something in the middle whilst probably not the most structurally sound option, gives you something you can more easily put in an and out of pouches more easily.

So... sorry I was so vehement with my initial comments.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
Hey. I have been looking around a bit, and I want to apologize. I now actually agree with you that the commercial offerings for strapping T15 (M4/M16/AR15 etc) mags together suck. Taping them together with something in the middle whilst probably not the most structurally sound option, gives you something you can more easily put in an and out of pouches more easily.

So... sorry I was so vehement with my initial comments.
Being a Delco guy myself... I am shocked to see someone admit to have changed their minds in an online forum lol.
scarney1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarney1988 View Post
Being a Delco guy myself... I am shocked to see someone admit to have changed their minds in an online forum lol.
Originally not from DELCO..... (I'm only 5 years 'IN' so far...)
Old 11-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Well it's never to early to pick up some new bad habits like using the word "Jawn" or getting obscenely drunk at your old high schools Thanksgiving day football game. Maybe a fist fight at Haggerty's after you got thrown out of rp mcmurphy's lol.

Good times.
scarney1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed