mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Player

ICD Lever Changer (new 2016)

My first impressions:

:

followed by

My detailed review:
I ordered both a lever changer and a lever changer with stock. I currently have no real application for the integrated stock but since these days I can afford cool toys I decided to get one.

Note that the integrated stock version can be converted into a stand alone changer by removing the stock and placing an end cap (available as well from ICD) over the hole at the end.

Build Quality
Fantastic. I found everything to be well machined and well put together. The lever flops around without a 12 gram in the slot but once you lock one in it stays firm.

Features

Adjustment
Once you screw the lever changer into an asa you can adjust the direction it faces. There are not one but two set screws holding it in place, a minor but very nice feature. I would advise that you not allow the opening to face your head in any way, when a 12 gram is ejected and still has a little gas left (to little to propel balls at velocity) it will shoot out spinning. Not far but if your face is in the way (say above the stock) you could take a hit.

Pierce Pin
I can't tell exactly what the pierce pin is made of but I suspect it is steel like a Cooper-T bucket changer.

12 gram seal
You can't blow it out of the changer. It's sealed into the changer behind a lip and it is impossible for the left over CO2 to blow it out as can happen in most bucket changers. I've had that happen twice over the years with a CCI bucket changer. I don't know if this is a feature of the old lever changers but it shows that whoever designed this knows stock class play. Well done.

In use
I found that with a little practice I can change out a 12 gram quicker than my CCI Bucket changer.

I haven't tested out my stocked lever changer but here is a picture of the stock on my open class phantom and an another showing a size comparison with my CCI adjustable stock

rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Wow looks great. Thanks for the detailed write up. I'm having a hard time not ordering one even though I do not currently have the need for it. LOL
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Nice review. Does this adjust for different length 12 grams?
Old 06-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
When I disassembled the pierce assembly to look at it there is a spring under the pierce pin...so maybe?
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Orderd mine today. Going to run mine with a BBA on my phantom with the stock attachment. Also ordered the cap to make it the standerd lever changer as well.

Also something to note is the butt of the stock and be angled approx 30* and one side is a lil longer then the other for that perfict angle. Depending on your setup.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
That ICD guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Grimace, CO2 cartridge size is controlled by a manufacturing standard relative to length, width, etc.
While you will see some very minor variability in some brands, or in the same box of certain offshore offerings, the sprung piercing pin in the ICD Lever Changer should have zero issues with those outlier oddball 12ies that pop up now and again.

Have a blast!
IndianCreekGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I think I know what Santa is bringing me this year.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nerd

Got mine today, it's great. I'm running it from a Trracer BBA on my micro Phantom. Everything about it just says quality. I didn't realize the pin was sprung to deal with variation in 12g size. That's freaking brilliant. Way to go, ICD.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
So, am I the first to slap one on a Bushmaster SI?

A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sprung pierce pin? What a good idea. The other adjustable ones made me wonder how bad the pierce pin would get pounded if the adjuster was off even by a bit.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It