mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Paintball.media Magazine -- print is back!

I started playing paintball with the kids my neighborhood back in the late 80ís, with a Splatmaster and PGP. Later I moved onto a Tippmann Model 98 and GOG eNMEy. Over the years, Iíve always enjoyed flipping the pages of paintball magazines -- from Paintball Sports Magazine to Action Pursuit Games -- to see the latest guns and events going on around the world. Though I havenít played paintball for a few years, I saw on Facebook that Paintball.media was going to fill the void and publish a print magazine. Excitedly, I bought a copy of the July 2017 online, and Iím glad I did. With over 150 pages, itís no lightweight, and the full-color photography is awesome, too. It contains reviews for guns in all price ranges, from the Valken Code to the Etek vs. GTek, and I was glad to see that Tippmann is still around, too! The magazine also featured a recent big game, Living Legends X, and contains everything that an NXL fan needs to know about the pro circuit (spoiler: Dynasty is still around and dominating after all these years!). After reading Paintball.media, I was inspired enough that I spent all day Saturday watching NXL Atlantic City on GoSports streamed to my Airbnb rental, bought a Dye Rize (featured on page 17), and on the drive home from my weekend away, I stopped at a local field and bought an air tank. All this to say that Iím glad to be playing once again, and I owe some of the inspiration to Paintball.media!

jkibbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Welcome back! Hide your wallet.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

The photography and quality of the print is awseome. I felt the writing was lacking.
Carlito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is the first paintball magazine I've seen "in the wild" in years. And it wasn't even in the gun section!
Really took me back to being a teenager and rushing to the back of Books-a-Million to go through all the latest paintball magazines and scan them for new gear. Made me kind of sentimental, so I ponied up the $9 for the magazine.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It