mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
SSC TiPX Extendo CO2 Knob

Browsing eBay, I came across a listing for one of Staunchy's extended CO2 knobs for the TiPX and I decided to pull the trigger on it.

Overall, build quality is good and the dust black finish is clean and even. The knobs come in three sizes - flush, medium and XL. I settled on the medium version.

I tested the knob by shooting off fourteen rounds on a Leland 12 gram before popping it off. So, the 12 gram still had some CO2 left in it when I twisted the knob. With the longer grip, I was able to quickly and easily de-gas the marker (unlike with the shorter stock knob). The only down side I can potentially see is more with the user than with the product. Since the knob is longer and your hand is directly in front of the barrel, you could theoretically shoot yourself in the hand when twisting it off if the marker is loaded and you have your finger on the trigger at the time. But, so long as you're not careless, this shouldn't be an issue for most people.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it and I expect it will make playing with 12 grams much more convenient.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have the large one and very pleased . I can pop out the knob on a freshly pierced co2, aloutgh who would wanna do that lol. But popping the knob on a 12g with alot of pressure left increases the risk of popping the co2 seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
DAMAGE!

Best tipx upgrade available!

I ordered the longest version.
With the stock barrel, co2 changes are like butter. Even with a longer barrel it works good. EVERY TiPX owner should own this upgrade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1026.jpg (271.5 KB, 90 views)

foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I'm glad to hear it helps. Now if 12 gram weather could hurry up and get here again, that would be great. 1 degree F isn't exactly what you would call 12 gram friendly.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It