mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
ICD Customer Service

The TL;DR version... They are amazing!

The long winded version... I acquired a second hand ICD Lever changer. When I installed it on a marker and tested it, the face seal was leaking. I contacted ICD through Facebook on Dec 23, not expecting an answer until after Christmas. Surprisingly, someone answered almost immediately! We discussed the issue, and he/she suggested a few tests. I did the testing, and they determined I needed some parts. They shipped the parts on Dec 26, and I had them before New Years Eve!

I installed the parts, and there was still a small leak... Back to Facebook messenger on Jan 1. I was absolutely *NOT* expecting any answers until Jan 2... once more the folks at ICD surprised me! They were in, and ran through a bunch of tests... Talked a bit of shop... Helped me with a technical question about the lever changer's tolerances.

All in all a supremely satisfying experience.

My recommendation is to buy stuff from these folks. They actually give a crap about their customers, and want them to be happy.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Intermidiate

I've had a very similar experience.
I bought a Promaster used about a year ago, and the cupseal recently went on it. So I ended up messaging them on IG and got a message from Gary a few minutes later to shoot him an email. He asked if I needed the whole brass cup for $4.95 USD or just the seal for $1.50 USD. It ended up I only needed the actual seal, and was asked if I'd like it to be shipped with a tracking number or just sent in the mail. So I obviously picked the mail, and it was sent to me free of charge (to Canada). It may have just been cheaper in PayPal fees and paperwork to do this, but it was a very nice gesture, and doing it bought them a customer for life. So it shows up about a week and a half later, and there is not only 1, but 2 seals. Those guys rock.
All in all the experience was excellent. Not only did I get what I needed for free, but I got it fairly quickly. My emails were responded to almost instantly and Gary left me with no questions.
I've been meaning to make a thread on this, but since you've made one already I'll just piggyback off yours.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Similar experience for me, I brought a lever changer from pbgateway it showed up without the spring the adjusts to 12g size. I gave them a call they sent me a spring and 20years worth of seals for it.
-Duncan
dkv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I had the Same experience with ICD. Got one of the very First Leverchangers and a few shipped missing an Oring. ICD sent me a bunch of extra seals and a new Pierce pin like the next day. Great customer service and they make great products.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I am so glad that I am not the only person who has seen their exemplary customer service.

ICD, keep up the excellent work!

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

good to know a positive feedback on them
Cee22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

This makes me very happy to read. I picked up a Lever Changer near the end of September last year and only used it a couple of times until it got to cold to use 12 grams and had not 1 problem but this thread is reassuring that if I ever do have an issue I can just contact them and it will be resolved.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 10 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantoms for SC, a CCM SS-25, a PGP and a Sovereign 3.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had a bit of a snag, that had a great ending.

I ordered a PRP, and had a lot of delays. the whole thing fell through the cracks for 4-5 months while waiting for a part or two to be finished. I hadn't paid, and was recovering from surgery, so I was in no hurry. I finally called back after dropping it after a couple of calls and a bunch of follow up emails. I was told that someone tried to call me, but I never even had anything on my phone remotely close to that part of the country, and most of our early communication on the order had been through email.

Got my gun paid for, and ICD was incredibly apologetic for the mishap. the included the fancy milled grips, and a CO2 powertube for free. That was about $200 of stuff they sent me just for having some communication issues.

I know that stuff falls through the cracks, especially with a small business. A lot of companies would leave it at that (as we all know from a few examples on this forum), but ICD stepped up, made sure I was taken care of, and generously compensated me for my inconvenience.

I would have no issues buying from them again; totally stand-up operation

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It