mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Nice review, Menace. I enjoy your reviews...

As far as my opinion on the Emek...well, its everything I don't like about modern electros in a mechanical form. It definitely isn't for me.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post

As far as my opinion on the Emek...well, its everything I don't like about modern electros in a mechanical form. It definitely isn't for me.
Too long?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
If you are a Maggot, you'll be back. Just hope they forgive you for your infidelity.
I'm a gun whore anyway. They aren't going anywhere and they're used to being cheated on.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:

Thanks!

As for the Emek and its similarity to electros, certainement.

It isn't my favorite marker, and absolutely lacks the character, beauty, and fun factor of the automag and autococker.

But when viewed simply as a tool for a specific job, it's brilliant, and IMO nearly perfect.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I think each has its place. The classic mechs like Mags and Cockers have a place as a cool pieces of nostalgia that are fun to shoot and add their own kind of charm to the game. You may have to putz around in the staging area a bit if there's a problem with a worn out o-ring, a bad cup seal or maybe you tried screwing around with it at home and didn't test it before playing with it. That's been par for the course for me. I see the Emek as more of a grab & go gun where you want to slap on a hopper, air it up and go shoot some people. There isn't a lot to customize with them, so you're not likely going to screw with it much off the field.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Possibly too long...never picked one up so I couldn't say for sure.

I dislike the lines and the look. Looks like every electro on the market....yawn.

Although I have never shot it, if the trigger is like an electro (which is what it seems to be from what I have read) then color me unimpressed. I like a good old-fashioned mechanical trigger...specifically the trigger on the Automag or my Sniper II. Single trigger pivoting goodness...

Although this has NOTHING to do with the marker, I can't stand marketing buzz referring to VALVES and BOLTS as engines. Please stop, it makes me nauseous...

No modular capability from what I can see...integral front grip, integral regulator. I guess too many years as a Mag owner and the endless modularity has spoiled me. And yes, I do happen to like an external air line just fine.

I am sure it is a capable 'gun for many players but this old dog doesn't want to learn any new tricks. At some point in life, you know what you like and you stick with it.

Finally, I am somewhat concerned about the continual comments about how fast it will shoot while in the same breath talking about it being great for renters and new players. Seems likely that this new trend in mechanical markers might not help the bad situation brought on by electros in recreational play.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I would actually say that the trigger is less like an electro and more like a ULT. You don't actually feel disconnected from the gun when you shoot it. If anything, I actually like how crisp the shots are. You really don't get that mouse click shot like with many electros.

Last edited by JonM; 10-11-2018 at 09:38 PM.
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yl_rL0Gpnw

I don't find any of the new mechs GoG/PE to have a "mouse like" click. Can you get them singing? of course. I'm not quick on the triggers, but you can sling paint if you want/need.

As far as I concerned, the Emek is THE low end gun to recommend for 1st timers/renters. PE has great service, works in all weather, and is easy to maintain. Now, it may not have the "realism" that some new players want, but a Tippmann and the like are long, heavy, hard to service boat anchors.

If you want to limit fire power, limit the loaders. Most fields don't run agitated hoppers on their rentals, unless like a birthday boy upgrade package.

If a less plastic gun appeals to you, great. The Emek might not be for you, but the value is astounding. As far as being a true Maggot, guess I'm not, because I won't buy one again and die hard Mag fans at the field shot both my Gmek and Emek and said "it's MY new Mag"
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

^^^ Hard to disagree with this.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Quote:
Possibly too long...never picked one up so I couldn't say for sure.

I dislike the lines and the look. Looks like every electro on the market....yawn.

Although I have never shot it, if the trigger is like an electro (which is what it seems to be from what I have read) then color me unimpressed. I like a good old-fashioned mechanical trigger...specifically the trigger on the Automag or my Sniper II. Single trigger pivoting goodness...

Although this has NOTHING to do with the marker, I can't stand marketing buzz referring to VALVES and BOLTS as engines. Please stop, it makes me nauseous...

No modular capability from what I can see...integral front grip, integral regulator. I guess too many years as a Mag owner and the endless modularity has spoiled me. And yes, I do happen to like an external air line just fine.

I am sure it is a capable 'gun for many players but this old dog doesn't want to learn any new tricks. At some point in life, you know what you like and you stick with it.

Finally, I am somewhat concerned about the continual comments about how fast it will shoot while in the same breath talking about it being great for renters and new players. Seems likely that this new trend in mechanical markers might not help the bad situation brought on by electros in recreational play.
Note: I really like PE markers, and have a lot of respect for them. I try not to be biased, but I certainly am a fan of their efforts to do things the right way, even if I don't always like some of the design choices.

How would you refer to the valve/bolt system other than an engine in order to not vomit whilst describing it?

I actually think the opposite about 'rentals'. This is a great marker than gives the electro player very limited advantage compared to if they were using something tragic like a beat up 98. In fact, I went up against a couple of rental people who just wanted to have some fun, the lady had an emek. The fire she put down in short bursts was impressive. I had a magfed marker, and ended up one shotting her right between the eyes, but can say that it was very impressive. First timers are not going to feel inferior to other players anymore. EDIT: I would say that it might make movement more difficult for new players.

Do I worry about overshooting? Absolutely, but if the field is doing it right, then with the emek, you won't need to use ridiculously hard shell paint that hurts more. In my mind, you don't put people that overshoot with new players.

Trigger: I have found it excellent. In that I forgot about it entirely when playing. It just works. It isn't too light (when gassed up) so that I knock it accidently like I did with my Etha, SP-1. Maybe I would like it a little stiffer, but it just works. If I wanted the perfect trigger then I wouldn't be buying a budget mech though...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It