mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
How would you refer to the valve/bolt system other than an engine in order to not vomit whilst describing it?

I actually think the opposite about 'rentals'. This is a great marker than gives the electro player very limited advantage compared to if they were using something tragic like a beat up 98. In fact, I went up against a couple of rental people who just wanted to have some fun, the lady had an emek. The fire she put down in short bursts was impressive. I had a magfed marker, and ended up one shotting her right between the eyes, but can say that it was very impressive. First timers are not going to feel inferior to other players anymore. EDIT: I would say that it might make movement more difficult for new players.

Do I worry about overshooting? Absolutely, but if the field is doing it right, then with the emek, you won't need to use ridiculously hard shell paint that hurts more. In my mind, you don't put people that overshoot with new players.
I refer to a valve and bolt system as the valve and the bolt.

Not sure I get your drift on the rest of your post. First you praise the Emek for allowing new players to not be outgunned by electro players then say that new players shouldn't be put with people who will overshoot.

I don't for a minute believe that the majority of fields will do the right thing so I sort of see what you are saying. However, I don't think the answer to overshooting is to make the little guys shoot faster. I think limited paint is about the best way to go but that defeats field economics so that will never fly in the real world.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Speaking of too long...

What keeps us from printing lowers for these? I've seen a little discussion on that, but I'm not seeing if there is a structural issue with printing a different frame/foregrip combination.

I would like to get one of these, but that would lead to a new HPA bottle. Then I would have to trade some pump time for semi play. Then...

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Speaking of too long...

What keeps us from printing lowers for these? I've seen a little discussion on that, but I'm not seeing if there is a structural issue with printing a different frame/foregrip combination.

I would like to get one of these, but that would lead to a new HPA bottle. Then I would have to trade some pump time for semi play. Then...
Do it! Do it now!

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I got the chance to field my Emek for the first time today. I can unequivocally say that every other manufacturer producing markers in this price range should be nervous. This thing shot like a dream all day long. It's light, crazy efficient and it has a very soft and satisfying shot. When opening this thing up at the range, I was even able to outshoot my VSL. I played pretty much all day with it and it didn't miss a beat. No chops, no misfeeds, no problems whatsoever. This gun is going to be legendary.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I got the chance to field my Emek for the first time today. I can unequivocally say that every other manufacturer producing markers in this price range should be nervous. This thing shot like a dream all day long. It's light, crazy efficient and it has a very soft and satisfying shot. When opening this thing up at the range, I was even able to outshoot my VSL. I played pretty much all day with it and it didn't miss a beat. No chops, no misfeeds, no problems whatsoever. This gun is going to be legendary.

Told ya!

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It