mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
Thanks again AnarchicArctic for an excellent review!

One thing I noted regarding the pants is that it is recommended to hand wash. Maybe that is common with paintball pants...not sure as my experience with anything other than BDUs is limited. However, it is a giant pain to consider hand washing.

I washed mine in a gentle cycle with warm water and hung them to dry. I know a dryer would be a bad thing for sure but I can't think that washing in a gentle cycle would do much harm. I guess time will tell.

Another thing related to the topic of washing - the pants stunk...big time. Right out of the bag, mine had a very strong odor...sort of a chemical smell. After washing, it went away.
If you read even non paintball cloths tags alot say "hand washing" .

I take that with a grain of salt given any clothes improperly washed will wear out faster and/or fall apart.

the biggest thing I have found when washing any of my soft gear that helps ALOT is get a washer that does not use an in machine agitator.
I have one and its a godsend for gear.

BTW as you found out NEVER DRY IT outside of maybe just air dry.
I hang my most of my gear out after washing.

sorry to get off topic

scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

Hang dry anything that isn’t underoors or so socks. (Unless ya fancy and buy expensive socks or undies)

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

So I wore my new Valken Zulu Pro pants Saturday and Sunday at Fort Knox Paintball for their Fallout game. After wearing them two days, I have some additional thoughts.

First, the knee pads just don't seem quite right for me. When I kneel down, the padding on the knee doesn't line up quite right. I have beefy legs so that might have something to do with it...a bit looser fit might result in a different experience. Hopefully I will drop some more weight over the coming months and it will be a bit better.

I like the zipper pockets under the main pockets but whoever made the opening must have had little girl hands. My meaty hands had trouble getting in the openings...another inch wider opening would have been much better.

The pants are pretty hot compared to non-padded pants. I think that sort of goes without saying but between the padding and the black multicam, my legs got toasty in the bright Indiana sun.

Length...my inseam is around 30-31 normally so the 2XL size was fine for me. However, someone any taller would have had issues with the length. I saw another guy at the field with a pair of the new Zulu Pros on and he mentioned he wished they were a bit longer.

I found no issues with durability. As a 47 year old guy with a bum knee, flat feet and too much weight, I am not a hard charging, sliding style player. I imagine these will hold up just fine for my style of play.

Thanks be to Velcor that they made these with the stretchy crotch. Playing paintball in pants without this just won't seem right any more.

All in all...I give this pant good marks. I think Valken has a good pant here and I believe it will be successful. I appreciate any additional options for paintballers in a woodsball-oriented paintball pant, one made with the refinements normally available to speedball players.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good review. Knee pads are like the #1 concern for me in pants now. I say to manufacturers either get it right or take them out or maybe build in some compatibility with aftermarket knee pads.

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Glad to see the pants held up for someone else as well.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Been curious about these. The knee pads look like they would produce the results mentioned. Would you guys say these fit loose and on the baggy side, or more fitted/athletic?

MCB +42/-0
PBN +56/-0
eBay +487/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
It’s a loose fit
Old 08-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
JKR

I have little experience with "real" paintball pants but I wouldn't classify the fit as tight. Never worn a athletic fit pant but these fit loose on me, and that is saying something! I am certainly not an athletic build!

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
Old 08-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

I will have a pair of these next week and I will share my thoughts on them. I have a HORRIBLE time buying paintball pants, hell pants in general....I truly hate buying pants. Anyways, I wear 42 jeans and shorts, some 40's fit me and I have a 30in inseam. Its impossible to find anything that isn't 34-36in inseam in that waist size. I don't get it....why not have short and long lengths? I ordered the XXL in hopes that they're sized properly. I have a pair of Crusades in XL that are barely to small and a pair of Redemptions in XXXL that are fricken huge on me. My fingers are crossed!
Big Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
I will have a pair of these next week and I will share my thoughts on them. I have a HORRIBLE time buying paintball pants, hell pants in general....I truly hate buying pants. Anyways, I wear 42 jeans and shorts, some 40's fit me and I have a 30in inseam. Its impossible to find anything that isn't 34-36in inseam in that waist size. I don't get it....why not have short and long lengths? I ordered the XXL in hopes that they're sized properly. I have a pair of Crusades in XL that are barely to small and a pair of Redemptions in XXXL that are fricken huge on me. My fingers are crossed!
I think you will find the fit on these pants better than what you are used to. I don't think you will find them to be too long...at least not terribly so. I am in the 30-32 in inseam range (depending on the pant) and find these to be fine for my tastes.

I look forward to your thoughts.

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It