mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Husky 37" Rolling Job/Toolbox

Hi MCB,

I recently was looking for a paintball gear bag to replace my old cracked Rubbermaid tote for hauling my gear to and from the field. The cost was pretty pricey on paintball specific bags. I came across the Husky 37" Rolling toolbox at Home Depot. It's huge and holds all my gear with room to spare. It's very well made, extremely durable and the latches are super beefy and lockable. It comes with an inner tool tote, that I put all my Allen keys and spare parts in. Check it out, it's definitely worth the $49 price, which was reduced recently from $65. Not sure if they're going to discontinue it, but if you're interested get it now. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37...9261/203668066
Old 11-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Several guys locally use that and I use the smaller version. Very nice gear bag. One thing that would be nice is if there was dividers to keep things more organized but for the price I'd highly recommend one.
somethingbenign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingbenign View Post
Several guys locally use that and I use the smaller version. Very nice gear bag. One thing that would be nice is if there was dividers to keep things more organized but for the price I'd highly recommend one.
Nice! I was looking at the smaller one, but unfortunately they didn't lower the price on that one. I agree, dividers would be nice. I seen a video using a different gear box; he used pegboard with bungee cords to organize his stuff and attached big PVC pipes cut as sleeves to the inside of the box for his air tanks. I'll probably look into doing something similar, because I'd like to keep it organized.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

One of the guys I play with has one of those. I like it alot. But it will not fit into my cars trunk.

He uses amazon laptop bags to hold & protect his guns.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hal
Rec Poster

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-26...8224/300862598

I use this one for travel. It meets the size requirements for most airlines so there is no oversize baggage charges to worry about.

Another good feature is the power cord access port. I use it and a braided cable to secure the box to a tree.

It's a great box for the price.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

I bought that same one a month ago for camping gear and paintball trips. Definitely a 2 person job to load it once it's full of gear.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Instagram:@evil_paintball

CCI Phantom Fan
I bought one years ago and used it every weekend up until recently. The good, it is waterproof, has locks on it to keep your gear safe when you're on the field, holds all your gear and then some and rolls practically anywhere. I like that it didn't have dividers so I could lay my gear out the way I wanted. My son and I would both bring gear in it and it held everything and it also doubles as a workspace or small table out at the field. The bad, it would hardly fit in my car and can get very heavy. I have a truck now so no issues but if you don't have a SUV or truck it will barely fit in anything else. Like Smokin Gunz said, once loaded it is a 2 person job to get it in or out of any vehicle.

I love mine. I have the PE rolling bags now that my son and I don't always travel to the field together and they are more manageable. But in January we are planning on traveling to NC to play and we will bring it along with our PE bags. If nothing else, it will bring the extra gear we don't need on the field and we can leave it tied down in the truck. I like having it when we go to fields that we have never been to. No one is going to just roll it away without noticing it and I don't have to worry about my gear while I'm out playing. With the extending handle we can also lock it to a table if needed.
Sales and repairs: https://segapb.com
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

we use these for work,,, go to home depot or other hardware store and get a rivet gun with small rivets and a matching drill-bit and fender washers (store clerk should know what you're doing and help you) ,,,,, then get some thin sheet metal or flashing material along with sheet metal shears and make you're own custom dividers that will last as long as the case itself. if you know any Tin-Knockers (HVAC mechanics) they can get heavier sheets that are even better!!
Tajue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I have a Stanley or Craftsman version of it. It hauls most of my gear.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It