mcarterbrown.com  

Mechanical Semi-Autos Show us what you've got, and sell them here.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

I put the ... to separate what I am saying in sentences that have more parts to it than just putting a period and then writing another sentence. I did not realize it would upset you.
It is also suggested in owners manual to never fire the marker without the magazine installed.
I also was telling you why the marker will not cycle with a mag in it.
The guide plate is on the right side of the marker 3 small allen screws hold it...you can see it in your pics and you replace the whole guide plate. Inside the guide plate is a wire...a guide leaf spring it works with the chain to cycle the paint into the marker if it is slightly bent it misfires as the chain in the mag will not move. Which is why it fires without a mag.
This is the weak part of these markers...you are supposed to replace them after 60k shots...but that spring is easily bent.
I have owned five 2 At16s...2 At85s..1 At4.
I used to carry 5 spare guide plates in my bag. But this was when Getrealpaintball was still in business and Gumby was there.
He is on here.

There is a owners manual on vintagerex.com
..I was trying to link it but couldn't. I did download it.

Also I am trying to help you as well as the future owner...Parts are scarce as Getrealpaintball went out of business in 2013. The ATS section here is wonderful and has numerous ppl that can help.

Last edited by buzzinhi; 05-17-2020 at 11:24 AM.
buzzinhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm not upset, was just confused. Thanks for the advice on the guide place spring! Looks fine under the cover. Nothing broken or bent. I wonder why they advise not shooting without a mag?

10.5 bps is for pussies

Last edited by nadrepadre; 05-17-2020 at 11:34 AM.
nadrepadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

If you search for getrealpaintball ATS manual it is on vintage rex..and you can scroll down to see pics and parts etc..
Old 05-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhi View Post
If you search for getrealpaintball ATS manual it is on vintage rex..and you can scroll down to see pics and parts etc..
Yeah I have the manual saved. I glanced through it, but I didn't get to the end where the say not to fire it without a mag in. Here's a picture of the spring I believe you're referring to. Hopefully nothing is damaged. My ignorance of this gun is further evidence that this is not for me haha. Much rather see someone who knows about these have it in their possession.

10.5 bps is for pussies
Old 05-17-2020, 11:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

It looks ok...I would recommend that you put some grease in the middle..not oil..grease..it does not take much and it shows in the manual where takes a small bead..the chain on the mag is cycled by this..with the plate off you can put a small bit of grease there and rub it on those parts...lordkyle in the ATS forums is good as is Gumby..both are names on MCB.
Much more knowledgeable than myself..LordKyle uses dual AT10s
Old 05-18-2020, 12:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

feel you OP. had a t15 and a tcr once. bad experiences with ****ty gen 1 t15 mags and cleaning a clamshell tcr just killed any love of magfed for me. till i have a friend that lets me borrow their magfed marker i will never use one again. if i want to play with limited paint, a few 10 round tubes and my tiger shark will do just fine.
MrKittyCatMeowFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think I got an old razorback 2 around if I want to make it difficult on myself haha. Any takers at $200?

10.5 bps is for pussies

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Mechanical Semi-Autos