mcarterbrown.com  

Money and Finance Because you have to save money to spend it on new paintball stuff!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Devil Dog
 
ballyhoo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Des Moines, IA
Send a message via AIM to ballyhoo33 Send a message via MSN to ballyhoo33

We have a Chase Visa with 1% reward on all purchases with 2% reward on certain items. We run everything through our credit card and pay off the bill at the end of the month. At the end of the year we use the rewards to buy Christmas presents.

One and two percent doesn't sound like much, but it adds up and provided something for nothing.
__________________
MCB Feedback
PBN Feedback
ballyhoo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
THE Green Modster
 
Greenmtnphantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vermont
Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Ended up going with a card that gives 1.5% on everything all the time, no cap or time limit on the rewards. Paying it off each time we get paid. points are adding up slowly but adding up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Phantom Lover
 
BoBo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland Metro

Yep - Costco AMEX and a capital one card.

Get a check for about $200+ 4 times a year.
__________________
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
crossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Yardley, PA

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
I've got the REI Visa card, which builds money throughout the year and you get it in late March as a dividend to be used in the store. It is 1% on any purchase and 5% on purchases at REI. Combine that with the REI 10% you get if you are a member and you get 15% back on any REI purchases. I use the card for everything so I have about $500 coming my way in a week or two.
__________________
My feedback
crossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Money and Finance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC