mcarterbrown.com  

Money and Finance Because you have to save money to spend it on new paintball stuff!

Old 06-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #121 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Wait.... Recon2? What happened to ReconSWS?
spent several years in the industry - don't do it
shoveling horse [$&*!] is a better job
Feedback

CAX

I am "SPARE EDDIE"
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:11 PM   #122 (permalink)

If you did get in now, I can't say it's bad, as this may keep going up. I mean, I did just go Allin on spy puts, which means both spy and dfen will go up 50% just to spite me.

But a strategist would wait for the cycle, and not fret if this opportunity is missed.

I am no strategist, I execute impulsively, and am now Allin spy puts expiring Friday.

It was a good run boys but I don't have the patience for this game. If I played it right, would be better off, but playing it wrong is just so... Effortless.
Recon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #123 (permalink)

Got locked out on the phone is all, wanted to get comment in before market close =)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #124 (permalink)

The doom and gloom is over dramatic lol, haha.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #125 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon2 View Post
If you did get in now, I can't say it's bad, as this may keep going up. I mean, I did just go Allin on spy puts, which means both spy and dfen will go up 50% just to spite me.

But a strategist would wait for the cycle, and not fret if this opportunity is missed.

I am no strategist, I execute impulsively, and am now Allin spy puts expiring Friday.

It was a good run boys but I don't have the patience for this game. If I played it right, would be better off, but playing it wrong is just so... Effortless.
Look up Wallstreetbets on Reddit. You belong with them lol.

You've earned your diamond hands
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't know how to play this anymore sadly. DFEN plz go back down.

Speaking of WallStreetBets... DFEN is on the front page now.

This means 1 of two things.

1) The cycle is broken, and it will take off.

2) The cycle is not broken, and this is just a large gathering of fresh fomo funds, and this will be down 30-40% in 1-2 weeks.

Unfortunately I do not know. I lean towards number 2, I gotta root for my cycle.

I got out of my Friday expiry spy puts and got July 315 calls LOL. Flip flop flip flop. No profit just break even since I slept in and sold too late.... and also sold too early... funny.. but break-even is more than I can ask for with my timings.
ReconSWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #127 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just got my options trading account approved lol. Time to lose some money!

I agree, I think DFEN is going to drop. Probably not back down below 10 just because the aerospace industry is up so hard but maybe down to 12 with a rally to 15 or above.

Traded out of SPCE at 18.50 a few days ago. Just bought back in around 15.80. SPCE is my DFEN. Just keep collecting the $3 in the middle!
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #128 (permalink)
MCB Member

2/3 successful rocket launches in one week? It's Aerospace season! Yeah SPCE looks like the same pattern, I can swap between the two instead of doing my other risky things. Speaking of, congrats on getting approved to throw your money in a giant flaming pit!! For out of the pit, yachts and chicken tenders flow.. apparently. I hope you use them to your advantage.

Do you have any pattern day trader restrictions??
ReconSWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #129 (permalink)
MCB Member

On my big boy trading account I don't have any day trading restrictions but I've never tried to on that one before since it's mainly long term investments. My little hit and run trading account isn't big enough yet to pattern day trade.

With that restriction I've been trading stocks with a target of a 5% weekly swing which in this economy has worked but I think we're seeing some slowing as people pull their heads out and realize how far the stock market is divorced for reality.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Money and Finance