mcarterbrown.com  

Music Music in General, Bands, Swap Stories, Swap Band Equipment, etc

Old 07-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
Pretty much the same except AXEL didn't like the sound of the Key board player and walked off. He would duck off stage every chance he got to get oxygen. . 2nd row center seats , what a waste..
Metallica has said in interviews that they learned how to tour by doing their tour with GNR, watching them, and trying to do the exact opposite of what GNR did. They were known for doing terrible live shows even in their prime because of the amount of drugs that they went through, and how everyone feels about Axel. Bad juju.

Worst for me was Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the late 90's. Keep this is mind---I really like the RHCP. They were in a Lollapalooza headlining with Offspring. Offspring told the crowd to throw their bottles on stage at the end of their set. The crowd did. RHCP got pissed. Took probably 30 minutes for them to get it cleared up and them to come on. They had just released Californication. Great album, but they had released it like 2 weeks prior, so no one knew any of those songs---which was all that they then played except Soul to Squeeze. The crowd got impatient. No Higher Ground. Then it got pissed. No Under the Bridge. Then the fires started. There were probably 15 fires going on throughout the grass hill open 'seating' by the time they left the stage. The fires werent huge, but they were probably the size of decent bonfires, and all came with boo's and yelling. I was disappointed. I went there to see them, and it was bad. Really bad.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Daddy

It was 2002 at 104fest (local rock station festival.) Three stages, tons of bands, a lot before they even made it big. It was the Pop Disaster Tour for Green Day, Blink 182 and I believe Saves the Day -- This also made up the main stage.

Blink 182 came out and did their thing and I don't know if it was because Green Day followed them up with one of the best live performances I've ever seen or what, but Blink 182 was absolute garbage.

For about 15 years that was my go-to and it wasn't until recently that Machine Gun Kelly (opening for Limp Bizkit, no less) put on a show that was so cringe worthy it made me almost forget about the Blink 182 nightmare of yesteryear. I'd be hard pressed to pick which example was worse.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Metallica has said in interviews that they learned how to tour by doing their tour with GNR, watching them, and trying to do the exact opposite of what GNR did. They were known for doing terrible live shows even in their prime because of the amount of drugs that they went through, and how everyone feels about Axel. Bad juju.

Worst for me was Red Hot Chili Peppers back in the late 90's. Keep this is mind---I really like the RHCP. They were in a Lollapalooza headlining with Offspring. Offspring told the crowd to throw their bottles on stage at the end of their set. The crowd did. RHCP got pissed. Took probably 30 minutes for them to get it cleared up and them to come on. They had just released Californication. Great album, but they had released it like 2 weeks prior, so no one knew any of those songs---which was all that they then played except Soul to Squeeze. The crowd got impatient. No Higher Ground. Then it got pissed. No Under the Bridge. Then the fires started. There were probably 15 fires going on throughout the grass hill open 'seating' by the time they left the stage. The fires werent huge, but they were probably the size of decent bonfires, and all came with boo's and yelling. I was disappointed. I went there to see them, and it was bad. Really bad.

Funny side story:

Californiacation came out in 1999 and they did a tour with the Foo Fighters. (I imagine your fest was a stop on the tour or just before it started.)
I was in 7th grade and my mom took me to the show. I bought my album titled shirt and went on my way. Long story short, the teachers pulled me aside the next day of school and asked if I had a change of clothes in my gym locker. I did not. They made me turn my shirt inside out because it had an inappropriate word. Well, fast forward a few classes and I'm sitting in English when everyone was wondering why my shirt was inside out. The teacher had no choice to tell the class it said, "Fornication' which was soon followed by a room full of 12 year olds asking what that meant. She told us she couldn't say, but pointed us to the dictionaries. That was the day that a group of middle schoolers learned the word fornicate. Talk about backfire.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Music