mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerpunk View Post
well, "ball on ball" is a pure myth. even with a viced gun you cannot get paintballs to land on top of themselves with any sort of reliable probability. at 50 feet your shooting a 2-3 inch vector which is a 4-6 inch circle of 68% reliability. for 99% confidence, your shooting an 8-12 inch circle at 50 feet.
Splat on splat would be more accurate, but ball on ball sounded better. Either way, my accuracy at that point in time was still better than a 4-6 inch circle. All the splats would displace the previous ones, and I could hit other peoples' splats too.

Could I have had a bunch of freak shots? Sure. Even with the precision issue you mentioned, that still means one can reliably hit a mask (and definitely a torso) with the first shot at 50 feet. I've been able to do it reliably in games

For the purposes of paintball, that's definitely accurate and precise.

And the point I was getting at is basically the quote in your sig:

"The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability. "

The capability of paint is there. A player that knows how to use that capability can do the seemingly impossible.
Tolgak is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport