mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Accuracy Tips

How can i increase accuracy and is a regulator really worth it and do regulators work with HOA systems?

sorry about the run on sentence lol
paintballnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballnewbie View Post
How can i increase accuracy and is a regulator really worth it and do regulators work with HOA systems?

sorry about the run on sentence lol
Regulators are definitely worth it. Consistency IS accuracy. Regulators work, but always check if your Home Owners Association allows them.

What the hell is a HOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

haha, also a good barrel with paint to match.

and practice
TF

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feedback
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

What gun are you using? if its some BE starter gun, accuracy is alot to ask lol.

Most newer electronice guns need regs since they run on very low pressures.

accuracy is all about your barrel and paint. I would invest in getting some evil or marbs instead of that dimpled whitebox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm just using a Tippmann 98 custom platinum.

stock barrel at the moment one of the 1st upgrades i'm gonna make is get this
10 inches Custom Products - 1-Piece Barrel
paintballnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wookie D*cks

A tippmann doesn't need a regulator. Also, paintball accuracy simply isn't that good. The CP barrel is a good one, but don't expect fireworks is all I'm saying. If you want accuracy, get closer and buy quality paintballs.
russc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballnewbie View Post
1) Practice, better paint, better barrel, more consistent gun. CP barrels are pretty good, but I recommend buying a smaller bore size (.685 tops), as paint is typically pretty small these days. Depending on your school of thought, matching ball size to bore size, or having the bore slightly smaller, is generally best for efficiency, but also helps consistency as a tiny ball isn't wobbling around in an oversized barrel.

2) Regulation usually means more consistent gun (helping accuracy). If you're using a 98, especially if you're using CO2, investing in a Palmer reg like a Direct Stabilizer should get you a pretty noticeable difference over the chronograph (the more variation in speed you see, the worse your consistency, and likely the worse your accuracy).

3) Not all regulators work with all systems. I assume by HOA you mean HPA. Your HPA tank has a regulator built in that will typically output at either high (~800psi) or low (~400psi) pressure. Better tank regulators recharge faster and are more consistent. One thing to note is that many in-line regulators on the market are set up for "low" pressure outputs, 0-500psi or less. Many markers don't work well with low pressure, depending on how your 98 is configured, it's probably happier with 800ish psi input. Many/most regulators are not CO2 friendly at all. Some regulators have input limits, if you try to use a high pressure tank it might damage the regulator.

Please provide more details about your marker set up.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

A reg will help efficiently in which case will help you shoot accurately because you won't have fps bouncing all over the place.

Actually a reg will increase your precision(amount of time you can hit the same spot closely, accuracy is how well you place a shot).

Personally I put a cp reg on everything, even mech guns.
bman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

i can vouch for the fact that 98's hate low pressure. i was putting out 450, and it would barley crono 270, on a good day.
TF

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feedback
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
I used to tango

Learn the limits of your gun. How far your shot travels, at what speed they travel, and how many you fire before that changes are all things you need to know if you want to get more accurate, in which I mean consistent. What barrel you use, what paint you use, how old the paint is, what the weather, humidity, and temperature is like, air source, angle of the gun, type of gun, how far away your opponent is, direction he is moving, direction you're moving....these all play into how you're going to shoot that day. The best way of finding all this knowledge out is by practice and experience. The more you play, the more you'll be able to take the information and get a better idea on how accurate you can be.

Generally, being more accurate means getting close enough not to miss.

Whee McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport