mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Awesome info on the goggles tyvm! On the mesh how's the overall durability? Any deformation with direct hits? (It will be more clear why I ask this in just a moment)

worth mentioning: I have walked an outlaw field close by that looks like it would be fun to play.

Also, while I haven't played yet, I have watched some people playing (I stayed a good bit back, on higher ground, at times having to use binoculars to keep up) I saw no chronograph use at all, people being bunkered with full auto markers, and people without so much as a pair of shop goggles taking hits from less than 30 feet, and there is no "safe zone". They also seem to just play until they are out of paint, hits do not count.

Adding all this up basically amounts to just playing for pain, and this isn't what I'm looking for, so I've been contemplating getting maybe a package set of gxg xvsn just to hand out and springing for a handheld chrono, so when I do show up, maybe I can talk them into some modicum of safety. But I know for a fact I'm not going to be able to talk ol jim-bob out of turning off the full auto on the milsim marker, so back to my question about the durability of the mesh.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Alpha434's mesh bottoms are very, very durable. No deformation from getting shot at all. It's something like 1/16" perforated aluminum.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Good to know! Thanks for the answers!

edit: found the thread with the cool pro 2's. I will be ordering a set sometime in the next couple months, with a little brass anno from someone and some custom leather work on my part, I think I will have my ultimate mask.

Last edited by Melvin; 09-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport