mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   New pump (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/215088-new-pump.html)

capt_cupcakes 10-04-2012 12:37 PM

all the azodin is pretty much a spyder with a pump kit... if you can work on them if you needed to why not go with it its cheap , and its a pump.. i on the other hand prefer a CCM just because they feel much better in the hand. but hey thats me

uniwersel 10-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants (Post 2493763)
Don't buy Azodin.

I would also not buy a Carter. The issue is that most carters are stock class...so you have to learn how to count shots, use ten round tubes, and wear a stock class harness...this is all a heck of a lot of new gear to buy if you're not 100% sure you like the play style. That $400 Carter becomes an $800 investment in a whole new kit.

Go find yourself a nice autococker with a CCM pump kit on it. These will run you 175 to 225 for a VERY nice one and you can use the same hopper, tank, and pods you use now.

Try open class first then...a year or two down the road, if you want to increase the challenge factor, go to stock class. Just my $0.02.

Carter doesn't just make stock class guns, they sell a "carter sniper." From what I understand it's just whatever body they have laying around, with a carter pump kit. There's also the carter goose that carter machine makes, pk5 sells some of the stuff carter has in stock in the dealers forum, there may or may not be any gooses left however.

eightabove 10-05-2012 08:18 AM

Thank you to everyone that posted I ended up with a completely different marker! I bought a empire sniper!

Murf425 10-05-2012 10:11 AM

What's everyone's beef with the KP? Mine was awesome while I had it. Shot darts, was light, simple, consistent, looked good, AMAZING pump stroke (once you take the o-rings off the guide rod...no idea why they were there)...

Please tell me you're not all just slamming it 'cause it's cheap.

noclue119 10-05-2012 05:47 PM

No one has beef with KP. They are cheap not because of price but the overall feel of the gun. It is just not refined. And when you play pump, ever bit of advantage helps.

bellicose 10-05-2012 06:14 PM

Try a phantom if you are not against stock class (they make them in open also). I have one for sale.

K_Obeastly 10-06-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf425 (Post 2495326)
What's everyone's beef with the KP? Mine was awesome while I had it. Shot darts, was light, simple, consistent, looked good, AMAZING pump stroke (once you take the o-rings off the guide rod...no idea why they were there)...

Please tell me you're not all just slamming it 'cause it's cheap.

no beef at all, when I read the previous post about taking one to a shop and the owner changed o-rings and regs then declared it "toast" I was a bit shocked/peeved. I don't think I'd go back to that shop, If the owner/techs only trouble shooting skills to fix a spyder based gun are to replace o-rings and regs...don't go there. It just needed a bit of love and attention from somebody who understood how it worked.

I've never used one but if the o-rings are the only thing really dragging on the pump stroke they are probably there to prevent the pump from cycling on it's own while you run.

Murf425 10-06-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Obeastly (Post 2495987)
I've never used one but if the o-rings are the only thing really dragging on the pump stroke they are probably there to prevent the pump from cycling on it's own while you run.

Nah, there's a perfectly-weighted return spring, too. Take those o-rings off and you have a buttery soft back stroke with a very positive spring return. For some strange reason, though, they put two small o-rings on the guide. *shrug*

eightabove 10-07-2012 10:11 AM

You took the oring of the bolt on your sniper?

Murf425 10-07-2012 10:28 AM

If that was directed at me, did you even read the post?