mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Remote Hose

I was wondering what type of remote hose would be the best(quality, on/off valve, quick disconnect, at a reasonable price. Also, would a remote hose stop Co2 from entering the marker.(I was thinking of getting my tank anti-syphoned, and getting a remote hose.)would it be best to get both, or will only one do the trick?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Natural07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I got a PMI coiled remote in a package deal with a 4+1, tubes and a 20oz tank years ago. It's held together well. It sees less work than it used to - but works well.

As for stopping liquid in the gun - yeah, it'll do something. I haven't done the math, but you're gaining volume before your gun - which helps.

Running the tank vertical on your back then into a remote would help - but you shouldn't do that with an anti-siphon tube. For one of those to work you need to have the bottle horizontal (ie. off the back of your gun) If you run the bottle vertical in a pack the tube won't stick up and out of the liquid CO2.

How fast are you shooting - and out of what gun?
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

It will stop CO2 if the bottle is vertical, since only the vapors will be going into to the hose. Horizontal...you might want to throw a regulator somewhere along the line to prevent liquid.

Do one or the either, not both.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm going to be shooting out of a diablo wrath LTD, (haven't gotten the gun yet, but am getting ready for it). I don't want to use nitro, or HPA, because to fill those up, i have to travel 1/2 hour away, I can fill up Co2 about 3 minutes away (a lot easier)

2 other things:
1, which one should I do(syphon) or (remote), and
2, when i checked on the internet at what anti-syphon was, it showed that it was a tube that was bent up, inside the tank to only suck up the gas, but my friend told me it was a vertical tube inside the tank that heated up the co2 before it got to the marker.(is this another way other than syphon,or is he crazy)?
Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural07 View Post
but my friend told me it was a vertical tube inside the tank that heated up the co2 before it got to the marker.(is this another way other than syphon,or is he crazy)?
he's crazy - it's a bent tube - points up when the tank is oriented correctly and horizontal.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks,
which one would keep out the most Co2, Anti-syphon, or remote hose
Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
IF you are standing up, and running your CO2 Vertically to a remote coil, it will work flawlessly. If you lie down, well....then the variables change, and you may draw liquid.

An anti-siphon is good too. I recommend getting your tank filled, and draining off an ounce or two before connecting it to your marker.

This system is less perfect, as the movement from running etc... may cause the liquid CO2 to 'splash' around.

However: How big a deal is that, really?

I run my blazer on anti-siphon CO2, it runs great.

SO although one may be better than the other, you may never even notice the difference.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Decker Send a message via MSN to Decker Send a message via Yahoo to Decker

When I saw the title I read "remote horse"

Too much eggnog

Carry on.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for all the help, I think I'll go with a remote hose, and if I lay down(hardly do), then I just wont shoot that much or that fast.
Thanks again!

As for the "remote Horse" funny story:
my younger sister was reading over my shoulder when I was on a little while ago, and told me that if I was getting her a remote "horse", that she didn't want one. I told her to stay out of my buisness (that's what she gets for being nosy)

Last edited by Natural07; 12-25-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got the PMI remote with the red anodized slide check last week and it works well. Action village had it for about 35. I'm sure its no better or worse than most similarly piriced remotes, but it works so far.

My feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post245068

My eBay ID: kanal666
Carl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport