mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
zim
Rec Poster

Where did I say co2 tank? I have a 10oz bottle that is rated for 3000 psi service.

DOT-3AL 3000 B093535 M0816 04 TUV1 15 0.16L

I appreciate the answers, but a lot of folks are assuming things. I just wanted to leave my scuba tank strapped securely to the leg of the work bench, then pull up a hose to gas up a marker after service. Tanks roll, possibly on to the floor, so I don't want them on my bench.

I open up a window and chrono into the trees outside, then disconnect the marker... no tanks rolling around on the workbench. Also, the TiPX for example, can't have a tank mounted on it. (well, this is the wrong board to say 'can't', but my point stands).

I wanted a single device, but that's expensive. Instead, as suggested, I leave a bottle attached to the tank. I found the smallest bottle I could find for HPA, 10oz, to reduce the stress on the mechanical connection. There is an extra step from time to time, but it's an acceptable solution. If I need to use CO2, I have a charger and/or use a 12g. Anyhow, this one can be put to bed, and thanks to the input (even the ones that didn't exactly relate) I walked away with more knowledge.

Last edited by zim; 06-06-2016 at 08:18 AM.
zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have been wanting this exact setup for a while now. I am looking at using an adjustable output reg like a maxflo or an Armageddon, on a 68ci slave cyclinder attached to the SCUBA tank (like above). then run a long remote line to the marker for testing/tuning. the idea would be that I could simulate different output pressure tanks. I work on bob longs (LP sometimes SLP), cockers (usually 550-850) and Automags (850 and up) and I would like one setup to run them all correctly.
Sprayed8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

HPA tanks are usually scaled in Cubic inches, CO2 tanks hold a liquid and scaled in Ounces..Yep, correct there were a few that were CO2 = rated for 3000 but thats rare to find them..So hence the confusion..An exception, not the Norm..

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (890) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback

Last edited by woouulf; 06-07-2016 at 05:49 AM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
zim
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
HPA tanks are usually scaled in Cubic inches, CO2 tanks hold a liquid and scaled in Ounces..Yep, correct there were a few that were CO2 = rated for 3000 but thats rare to find them..So hence the confusion..An exception, not the Norm..
Well hell, that makes sense... :/ Yeah, I can see your point now. I fubar'd the unit of measure. I don't know where ounces came from. Good thing I'm not working for NASA.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport