mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
ya only really need to replace the ball detente every few years, if you ever shoot so much paint then a hammer, and optional (o rings if you want better consistence ) imo a good upgrade for it is an alumanum hopper adapter. you can get the act parts for a few off of tippman parts if your interested. imo if i were to not buy a new freak kit agen and spend it on a ac freak back with an dw cf tip and an apex adapter and use ss freak inserts or Palmer's bass but that cost way more but its be the end all barrels problem. ps hh cf barrel will work with a link on the freak and there riffled if you dont care about an apex
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Inception Designs Stella freak back with Deadlywind carbon front. Course, that's just my dream setup.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So i should do a tipp 98 to ac adaptor, get a dw cf tip, a freak back and some inserts. Do i have to do a tape mod for dw to apex2 ? Thanks

EDIT

it looks llike it is cheaper to go with a CF DW 12inch barrel, tippmann 98 to AC thread adaptor and 3 inserts, than it is to get the full freak system

Last edited by LT72884; 06-05-2016 at 09:44 PM.
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
So i should do a tipp 98 to ac adaptor, get a dw cf tip, a freak back and some inserts. Do i have to do a tape mod for dw to apex2 ? Thanks

EDIT

it looks llike it is cheaper to go with a CF DW 12inch barrel, tippmann 98 to AC thread adaptor and 3 inserts, than it is to get the full freak system
well you can do the tape mod or the dw apex adapter is an extra $30. you can allso get a stiff cf tip as well no idea what ones better or if the dw apex adapter even fits the stiff cf tip. keep in mind cf is going to be more. you can also get a freak tip thats apex ready for around $40 dw dose have an barrel that is 98 and takes inserts so you dont hace to buy the back and tip its all in one. they also have one were you can change out the threads on it (imo kinda exspensive ) but to each there own. if you can find any of this used that be an even better way to go. agen thsi is kinda of a dream set up.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_565 View Post
well you can do the tape mod or the dw apex adapter is an extra $30. you can allso get a stiff cf tip as well no idea what ones better or if the dw apex adapter even fits the stiff cf tip. keep in mind cf is going to be more. you can also get a freak tip thats apex ready for around $40 dw dose have an barrel that is 98 and takes inserts so you dont hace to buy the back and tip its all in one. they also have one were you can change out the threads on it (imo kinda exspensive ) but to each there own. if you can find any of this used that be an even better way to go. agen thsi is kinda of a dream set up.
Then i must find this deadlywind barrel that fits a 98 and takrs inserts all in one piece

**side note: deadlywind...really? They couldnt come up with a non flatulatory name... Hahaha.
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport