mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
MCB Member

Oh yeah to help swab a 98 point the marker down and feed the small end down thru the breach with the hopper adapter off to one side. They used to make a cable squeegee that had the steel cable encased in plastic with a battle swab on the other end. Wish I could find another.
JudgeMental1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
Balls can explode

^^ sound advice there. Good thing your getting the barrels first, that will improve your game play big time, and eliminate all those crazy curves you were seeing before! Make sure to re-chronograph your gun to about 280 fps any time you swap barrels!
Old 06-25-2016, 12:49 AM   #53 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
turtle wax on a barrel is pretty cool. i used a sock and a choppstick to hold said sock. heated that barrel up and waxed away. seemed pretty good for stock barrel haha.

i do not know if the ball was chopped. i just saw a whole slew of spray come out of the barrel haha.

can i submerge the entire tippmann in hot soapy water? or is there a better way to clean it. it got hit 3 times and its a mess
i would not submerge it in water because you will get water in your valve and it will rust the spring. on 98c its a little bit tricky to open up the valve but if you do you can replace the seal with a 1/2 c clip you will need a 1mm tip not the stander 2mm. bt all ready have the c clip for there valves. if you have a platnum you can repalce the valve with the older threaded valve with a small mod so you can use w/e hose on it you want.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #54 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ok thanks. someone once told me that i could submerge it but it sounded fishy. just making sure. i have to clean my gun cuz its a dang mess haha
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
ok thanks. someone once told me that i could submerge it but it sounded fishy. just making sure. i have to clean my gun cuz its a dang mess haha
ya you should get in a habit of cleaning it after the game. cant remember if you said what 98 you had but if you got the older 98c that hopper spring is a pain so take it apart on the ground so if parts fall off the don't roll too far... there maybe some mod to glue it down but i never done it. the platinum fixes the hopper lach spring.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:31 AM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

awesome thanks. Its odd about my 98. the serial number is a newer one but yet i dont have ACT. Kinda wish i had ACT but oh well.
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:26 AM   #57 (permalink)
South African pump player

Didn't they come out with it later anyway?
Old 07-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #58 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I certainly remember a phase where both ACT and non were sold alongside each other.
judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
Post Whore

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by judge View Post
I certainly remember a phase where both ACT and non were sold alongside each other.
ya can buy a non act marker what can take the act upgrade and you can buy an act maker with act. they also were made with the older looking bods with act and i seen one with a revers act rod were the hump is near the front bolt. you can even get an act ready camo body like i have. and they sell a full act upgrade kit too. you could make your own as well just look up home made act on you tube. (aka how you make an act a5 )

Last edited by thrasher_565; 07-17-2016 at 01:55 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport