mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I ran JT for years...still have (3)...I drunk bought a Dye 8 or something...blue dino skin...anyway...that Dye never fogs...I'm 59 and like IPA...never fog is huge for me!!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

EVS ... This is the only mask I have ever forgot I was actually wearing while playing ... And didn't feel like the first thing I wanted to do was take it off as soon as walking off the field. Took about half an hour to get used to the way the foam(which is IMO a great 3 layer setup)fits to the face. No fogging issues played in 90*+ and 80% humidity. Fit great with the beard and glasses and didn't feel like I was missing any coverage. FoV is great able to look down without having to fully pull my head down to see what I was walking on.

Locking tabs are interesting and easy to use as is removing the lens to clean.

Only thing as with all new masks why don't they come with a microfiber cloth...yes the felt carry bag is great but not necessary for play.

I can also attest that the lens WILL do its job ... Took a point blank lens shot from about a foot away ... That'll teach me to tap a guy on the shoulder through a hole in the wall ... But the lens did its job while scaring the crap outta me. No separation of the thermal layer as has happened to me before with close shots to the lens with other systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
EVS ... This is the only mask I have ever forgot I was actually wearing while playing ... And didn't feel like the first thing I wanted to do was take it off as soon as walking off the field. Took about half an hour to get used to the way the foam(which is IMO a great 3 layer setup)fits to the face. No fogging issues played in 90*+ and 80% humidity. Fit great with the beard and glasses and didn't feel like I was missing any coverage. FoV is great able to look down without having to fully pull my head down to see what I was walking on.

Locking tabs are interesting and easy to use as is removing the lens to clean.

Only thing as with all new masks why don't they come with a microfiber cloth...yes the felt carry bag is great but not necessary for play.

I can also attest that the lens WILL do its job ... Took a point blank lens shot from about a foot away ... That'll teach me to tap a guy on the shoulder through a hole in the wall ... But the lens did its job while scaring the crap outta me. No separation of the thermal layer as has happened to me before with close shots to the lens with other systems.
This post gives me hope! I have been looking at the EVS for a while. While putting aside some cash, I have been trying to read about the mask as much as possible. The lens removal combined with the ease of foam replacement and the apparent range of vision look like it combines to make a great mask.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
This post gives me hope! I have been looking at the EVS for a while. While putting aside some cash, I have been trying to read about the mask as much as possible. The lens removal combined with the ease of foam replacement and the apparent range of vision look like it combines to make a great mask.
Personally I love it...two things though...I still recommend test fit before purchase or purchase through a place that accepts returns with no fees/issues/hoops. Second there seems to be a slight issue with the stock lens and the thermal seal if left in direct sun or in an enclosed vehicle cabin for a length of time.

Oh and they make an HD lens for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport