mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-04-2016, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

King newb

Hello Guys any Air soft Paint ball groups interested in coming to the Upstate of SC and helping layout a virgin tract of land to play? I just got back from Philippines this year looking at mfg of paint ball gear and a few shops.

I am retired from injuries on active duty and have a small 70 acre farm in Upstate of SC. Looking to learn more as I said I am a newb at this but i looking into just meeting up with some players and get my son off the damn PC. I have a 12 year old I see a lot of kids playing around as well as older middle age guys and right families.

I am not able to shoot and move anymore but would enjoy inputs. Right now just looking into clearing out some large fields this winter and putting up some different range areas. I am not trying to do a full blown business just something to help pay the taxes and and learn about the sport more with local people.

Located 45 minutes south of Greenville SC 30 minutes from Spartanburg SC easy to find. Not located in city limits.

I am extending a range on the farm (ran on non PB days) to 300 yards. Any guys in area who might want to offer a dvice and have a place to come on weekends. Hunting season is coming up so for safety reasons if you plan on visiting wear some orange gear when out on farm too many people are idiots hunting adjacent land. Thanks have a good day.
Oldgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

You might wanna read through this just for giggles,https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...paintball.html.

This would scare the hell out of me,
Hunting season is coming up so for safety reasons if you plan on visiting wear some orange gear when out on farm too many people are idiots hunting adjacent land. Thanks have a good day.

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (960) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

No I would not be running any sport like paint ball or airsoft during hunting season with the idiots running around here in my area. If you hunt at all you know or have heard of idiots that shoot anything in the woods.

I am planning on clearing out large tracts of the farm that are wooded. What I was advising to anyone wanting to come look around the property. I thank you for the comment but it was and is good advice. I quit letting people hunting on my land last year for the same reason.

Hope you have a good evening not getting into the sport until I get an idea of what issues are out there. I have to look about the insurance on an operation to see if it is worthwhile.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Damn to bad I dont have my own ride, im sorta close, I stay out in lexington (the counrty part) near pelion, I would love to help out

Yeah the people in SC aren't the smartest at times, especially when it comes to firearms

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
Yeah the people in SC aren't the smartest at times, especially when it comes to firearms
My family is from Charleston, almost all my cousins, sister and I were all born and partially raised there. We have a saying in our family, you don't marry a South Carolinian. Hence why I married a RI girl.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well I love the area just not the bad hunters. I think I might seek another option with the land. It seems like the liability insurance is going to be an issue. Hiring refs just too much time to put into it.

Now onto pyscho91 where are you from? Me I try not to judge on a whole state if we in the state are so dumb why are big companies flocking here and not heading up north I love it here for the most part.

I wish I had married someone from SC in my case I married a crazy *** woman from CA damn that was crappy way to spend 20 years. I will not make a broad statement like this again after seeing how dumb it makes me look. Have a good morning
Old 09-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

You could try renting your land to an established field, work out a deal of some sort. Scenario games are huge, having new places to play is always fun for special events.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll put out the word that you are looking for some local help on a possible Paintball Field. I just moved away from SC this last year otherwise I'd give you a hand/advice [I've been involved with paintball field management/ownership in SC over the years]. I believe Red Fox Games is still in operation in your area. I might not hurt for you to just go check them out for inspiration. There is also Ballbusters and Trigger Tyme in the Columbia area and Paintball Charleston in North Charleston for other locations in SC still running. Plus there are other less established businesses all over and some we run "Outlaw" groups fields.

70 acre farm is a great place to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
...Hunting season is coming up so for safety reasons if you plan on visiting wear some orange gear when out on farm too many people are idiots hunting adjacent land. Thanks have a good day...
woouulf, hunting season [deer] started weeks ago in SC and will go all the way through the end of the year

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List

Last edited by Grendel; 09-08-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Grendel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

Im from pelion SC, that should explain it right there, people out here have no common sense, its mainly all the young people that dont know their ******* from a hole in the ground, I love my state its the dumb ***'s I dont like

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgoat View Post
Well I love the area just not the bad hunters. I think I might seek another option with the land. It seems like the liability insurance is going to be an issue. Hiring refs just too much time to put into it.

Now onto pyscho91 where are you from? Me I try not to judge on a whole state if we in the state are so dumb why are big companies flocking here and not heading up north I love it here for the most part.

I wish I had married someone from SC in my case I married a crazy *** woman from CA damn that was crappy way to spend 20 years. I will not make a broad statement like this again after seeing how dumb it makes me look. Have a good morning
Don't get me wrong, if I ever have to leave FL, I'd move to SC in a heartbeat, but I just don't trust SC women to be mentally stable. And it's not just my direct relatives, 2 of my uncles married SC girls, utter bitches. 1 divorced, 1 holding it together for the kids. My sister ain't that bad, she just doesn't seem to have common sense on how the world works, and she's almost 30. So, no SC girls for me. I'll stick with my New England girl.

Back on topic, good luck on getting it started! Leasing out for scenario games wouldn't be a bad idea, takes a little less strain on your shoulders.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport